Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may be a bit odd, but can anyone with a new ZR-1 tell me, while looking at your car on a lift, does the front carbon fiber looking splitter seem detatchable (as in it is secured by screws, bolts, etc), and if so, do you think the contours would fit the nose of a C5?

Just curious as I seen a C6 fascia available for a C5, and this splitter may be inter-changeable.

ps. ZIP Corvettes has them for $489.00. They are exact replicas in fiberglass or carbon fiber.

If anyone happens to go this route and purchases one, can you try and line it up on a C5 prior to so we can see if it fits the C5?

·
Registered
53 Posts
This may be a bit odd, but can anyone with a new ZR-1 tell me, while looking at your car on a lift, does the front carbon fiber looking splitter seem detatchable (as in it is secured by screws, bolts, etc), and if so, do you think the contours would fit the nose of a C5?

Just curious as I seen a C6 fascia available for a C5, and this splitter may be inter-changeable.

ps. ZIP Corvettes has them for $489.00. They are exact replicas in fiberglass or carbon fiber.

If anyone happens to go this route and purchases one, can you try and line it up on a C5 prior to so we can see if it fits the C5?
I dont have a Zr1 but a C6 Z with the ZR1 splitter. It wont fit a C6, only wide body. Not sure what that means for a C5 It does detach though easily. Also, the splitter needs a reinforcement part thats a few hundred unless you get the splitter with reinforcement built in like LGs, ie flat bottom.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts