Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the C6R use an LS7 block like a friend of mine claimed, or do they use the C5R block???

I searched and could not find the answer.....

Also, if it is the LS7 block, is there any information on this engine and a comparo with the C5R engine available?

Thanks much :thumb:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IT L GO,

That was my thought, but someone very well known and a former Race Car Driver, who was with Dave Hill at Le Mans earlier this month told me it was the LS7 block :usa:

I guess I'll have to call Katech or Pratt & Miller to find out :mah:

I'll let you know what I find :yeadog:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, Pratt & Miller, as you would expect, are all on the road racing.

Ditto for Katech, but I did talk to a guy who said he was 99% sure that the C6R's had a new engine, based on the LS7.

Of course, that doesn't mean the C5R block wasn't used.....

Anybody know for sure?!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
If I were to make a guess, I would doubt they are allowed to use the LS7 yet since it has not been released as a production offering.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a good point.....they have yet to sell one, but of course they have lotsa orders and production plans.

I guess that would depend on what the rules say and how they are interpreted, or if they can get an exemption of some sort.

As soon as I find the answer, I'll post it :)

I was hoping we had someone who would know for sure.....I just heard this yesterday, and apparently it came from Dave Hill himself.....

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, here's the answer from Mike Atkins at Pratt & Miller:

LS7 is the engine used in the C6R's :usa:

Maybe that's why there are no C5R blocks available now. A few more will be coming out in the next 60-90 days.....if you're looking for a C5R block.....Good Luck : -)

GM may not be making any more of 'em :cry:

But, the LS7 will be available :yeadog:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts