Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
It's very nice to see a non Corvette forum make some intelligent comments. My hats off to them. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I'd take an C5Z06 over a 355 it is just a better car :bang:

BTW where do these guys hang out? People dont look at 355s anymore they looked obslete after the 360 came out(becuase the 360 was just so much better) Where im from and where i am living now a 355 doesnt cut it as a ferrari look at me!

·
Registered
864 Posts
2002Z06Yellow said:
I'd take an C5Z06 over a 355 it is just a better car :bang:

BTW where do these guys hang out? People dont look at 355s anymore they looked obslete after the 360 came out(becuase the 360 was just so much better) Where im from and where i am living now a 355 doesnt cut it as a ferrari look at me!
You need to come ride with me then. I can't get away from people in my 355. It's like being a rock star. I have at least 3 or 4 people take pics with their phones when I drive it. It gets dangerous some times because people will chase me down and tailgate at 100mph just to get a glimpse. I get real tired of it sometimes. You must have Ferraris dripping off the tress in your neighborhood if people are sick of seeing 355s.

I am actually selling mine to get the new Z06. I just want that blistering speed. It's definately world class performing bargain. But owning my 355 has been one of the coolest experiences I have had. When it lets out that wail out of the tubi exhaust at 8200 rpms it sounds so phenominal it makes your whole body tingle and you laugh out loud. I never get tired of that. It truly is one of the greatest sports cars I have ever driven and I have driven lots.

ANd I think in the looks department most people completely disagree with you as far as the looks of the 360 being better than the 355. But it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Here's mine.

·
Registered
864 Posts
2002Z06Yellow said:
Maybe next time i am in dallas i'll go for that ride and find out for myself ;)
Just PM me before you come. I love to make converts. I have single handedly stolen many customers from Porsche.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
the 355 is the Prettiest, cleanest , best looking Ferrrari to date, thats my opinion and Im pretty sure Im not alone, It looks more like a Ferrari then the 360, I never liked the 360 and never will.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
the 355 is the Prettiest, cleanest , best looking Ferrrari to date, thats my opinion and Im pretty sure Im not alone, It looks more like a Ferrari then the 360, I never liked the 360 and never will.

What he said. The 355 is the best looking of the modern Ferraris.

·
Registered
243 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
I pretty much agree. The F355 had something just special and exotic about it that the later ferraris never did.

·
Registered
189 Posts
355Spider said:
Here's mine.
While I'm pretty sure the new Z06 will outperform the 355, there's no denying (in my opinion) that the 355 is one of the best looking cars ever designed by man. Man, with those HRE wheels, that would be a tough car to give up for anything! Awesome! :yeadog:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the maintenance costs on a Ferrari phenominal?

Don't they have those 15k or 30k miles service requirements that are fairly in depth? Plus lets not forget insuring that bad boy. The main bonus of a Ferrari is getting most if not all of your money back if you are frugal with the miles.

Again, I am a huge Ferrari fan, but owning one is another story.

Feel free to dispel these myths since you own one. I have yet to talk to a Ferrari owner. I'm sure there's a ton of Corvette myths that float between non-vette owners.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Im coming to Dallas!!! That 355 is SWEET!!!!!! i have always wanted one. I doubt I will be able to get one anytime soon. But i am only 24, so who knows.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
djstylze said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the maintenance costs on a Ferrari phenominal?

Don't they have those 15k or 30k miles service requirements that are fairly in depth? Plus lets not forget insuring that bad boy. The main bonus of a Ferrari is getting most if not all of your money back if you are frugal with the miles.

Again, I am a huge Ferrari fan, but owning one is another story.

Feel free to dispel these myths since you own one. I have yet to talk to a Ferrari owner. I'm sure there's a ton of Corvette myths that float between non-vette owners.
The 30K or 5 year, runs about $5k(engine out).I think a Yellow/Black 355 Spider, is one of the Sweetest Looking Sportscars ever(especially with HRE 547s :thumb: )
Although i prefer the Manny Tranny.

F-Cars aren't as Reliable as Vettes,cost more to maintain yet i still want 1 ???
I fell in luv with a 355 when i watched Nicholas Cage borrow 1 from the Valet in the movie "The Rock".
Bang for the Buck easily goes to the Z :z:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
When I bought my Z, I was looking at a '91 348ts, a '95 355, and a '97 Viper GTS. I decided against the Ferrari's because of the maint, costs. It's not just expensive to own a Ferrari, it's just expensive to maintain one.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
The only thing, imo, the 355 has over the new Z is the name. That's about it!..But no doubt, the 355 is a cool car

·
Registered
581 Posts
I before deciding on the Z06 the 355 was a car I looked at. I think it is very attractive...still. Performance is not in the C5Z06 range, let alone the C6Z06. I've seen 30k maintenance that exceeded $25k. It is an expensive car to own. However, most seem to get less than 4k miles/year, and many way less.

IMHO a real car guy appreciates most high powered cars (except maybe a 328/348) including Corvettes (all except late 70s-early 80's C3s qualify), Vipers, Lamborghinis, even Camaros and Firebirds...at least the right models or with the right mods.

As far as the 355, kinda cramped inside. And ultimately, maybe not that practical. If it can't be driven on normal trips (golf, shopping, etc.), it just isn't useful enough. Unless you have a lot more $$$ than we do.

David

·
Registered
451 Posts
Very difficult to compare the two in terms of which one is better or this and that.....almost impossible in many regards.

The only thing you can say is drive both.....the feeling that YOU get is the only way to tell which car is right for YOU. Everything is like that though. You know the feeling when you get it.

CHRIS

·
Registered
296 Posts
355Spider,

Do you have pix of other angles for that beauty? Love to see one from the front.

The F355 and the C6Z06 serves two complete different needs. Wish I had the means to afford both the same time.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts