Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Sure looks good. I hope the Le Mans Officials give the C7R the same special treatment they gave the Aston Martin and one other new car at the race next year as they did this year. It seems like the Corvette gets the short end of the stick when it comes to competing with euro trash cars.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
It seems like the Corvette gets the short end of the stick when it comes to competing with euro trash cars.
Ain't that the truth. After the first Corvette win, watch what happens. :eek2:

Awesome looking...huge fender openings!

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure looks good. I hope the Le Mans Officials give the C7R the same special treatment they gave the Aston Martin and one other new car at the race next year as they did this year. It seems like the Corvette gets the short end of the stick when it comes to competing with euro trash cars.
Rumor at this point but it looks like to stick it to C7R as Eurosnobs bitching is the LT1 cannot be used because of the direct injection and C7R has to use the existing engine C6R has. :sneaky:

If you recall the C6R started with DI and ALMS made GM take it out to slow the cars down.
Excuse then was DI was not stock with production C6s.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Could this be part of the European liberal mindset? If someone stands out from the crowd, and excels due to their own initiative, penalize them instead of demanding the others to increase their own performance.

I know there are a ton of rules in motorsports, supposedly for the sake of providing more competition, like adding weight and reducing horsepower. At some point, however, is it really competition when everything is held down to a lower achievement level?

Maybe winning baseball and football teams could be forced to trade some of their better players to other teams, at the end of the season. You know, to reap the benefits of leveling the playing field.

·
9,755 Posts
It looks badass but, like Mike, I would need a little more ground clearance :D

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Can't wait! It's going to be awesome.

"Chevrolet Racing will kick off the 2014 season in January with the all-new Corvette C7.R.

The C7.R will make its public debut alongside the new 2015 Corvette Z06 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The two cars were co-developed, representing the closest connection between the racing and road-going Corvettes in modern times.

The C7.R will make its competition debut at the Rolex 24 At Daytona, in Daytona Beach, Fla., on January 25, 2014. When the C7.R takes to the track, it will sport an all-new Jake logo, which has become the unofficial mascot of Corvette Racing."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Corvette C7.R takes 1st and 2nd at Daytona 24 Hrs. this weekend spending last 15 minutes in a heads up race between
the #3 and #4 cars blowing away the new infamous Ford GT . . .
_

1 - 20 of 28 Posts