Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Iraq and finally put the CAGS on the Z. question... it will shift fine with no problem but the check engine light is now on.. is this normal or should i do something else??? thanks!!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Not normal, and the fact your check engine light is on doesen't have anything to do with the CAGS eliminator, if you installed it correctly. What code are you getting? :cheers:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont know... the chk eng light came on after i put the CAGS on... i lowered the Z backed out of the crive way and tested the 1-4 crap and I noticed my chk eng light was on.??? im lost!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hello Stevep1794,

Thanks for your service, glad you made it back OK.

The CAGS Defeat plug is a simple resistor that tricks the computer into thinking the skip shift solenoid is still connected.

If the resistor value is not to spec, burned out, or not properly connected the car will throw a code for the Cags.

My eliminator plug burned out after about a year and threw a code.

I'd advise searching the threads for the list of what the codes mean, and the procedure for interrogating the computer via the Driver Information Center (fancy name for the text display). Knowledge is power.

Good luck.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I believe there was a similar post quite a while ago. There is another connection very close to the cags that looks exactly like it. Maybe a temp sensor or something similar. Check that you have the right connection. :bang:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well here is something that also may help.. i aslo put in the Granelli MAS...dont know if this may be the issue either but put it in the day before and it ran fine...

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
stevep1794 said:
well here is something that also may help.. i aslo put in the Granelli MAS...dont know if this may be the issue either but put it in the day before and it ran fine...
Bingo! IMO take that piece of junk out and throw it away, sell it or give it to someone you don't like :lol:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but i took it to dealer and we looked at the filter and it was dirty......really dirty. he said just to clean it out and lightly oil it (its a K&N) and then try that. we will see in the morning...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just got car back from dealer.. (90 bucks later) and they took the CAGS out. and now the Check engine light is off too.
I just dont think this is the reason why the check engnige light came on...but it cost me 90 bucks to find that out.

Has anyone else had this problem??? the CAGS can only go in one way so its not that i am doing it wrong or something. i hate the 1-4 skip and now am scared to put it on because of the engine light coming on again.

thanks for your help peeps~~!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts