Corvette Z06 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
3,835 Posts
The referenced article seems to have disappeared. Tried to get there several ways and get the file not found error. Is it just me?:lol:

· Registered
912 Posts
I had cag defeat before i ordered my car but i'm waiting for first oil change to install,i usually shift at a high enought rpm in 1ST where it doesn't bother me but have to agree cag is dangerous the other day i was stopped at a light getting ready to make a left and this guy in an old pickup truck pulls right on my bumper i was pissed and when the light changed i was concentrating on him as he is right on my tail and go to shift and won't go in 2ND of course my car slows down while im try to get into 4th,the guy behind was was right on my tail had to hit his breaks not to hit me tought he was going to hit me for sure,gag has to go.

· Registered
576 Posts
:cheers: I FIND IT INTERESTING THAT THIS THREAD WHICH IS NOW 11 MONTHS OLD IS NOW BEING RESURRECTED WITH NEW POSTS!! I now have 14 months and 9k on my LAPD CAGS Defeat with no problems. See my earlier post 11 months ago.

GOLD72 :D

· Registered
2,388 Posts
vette1 said:
have to agree cag is dangerous the other day i was stopped at a light getting ready to make a left and this guy in an old pickup truck pulls right on my bumper i was pissed and when the light changed i was concentrating on him as he is right on my tail and go to shift and won't go in 2ND of course my car slows down while im try to get into 4th,the guy behind was was right on my tail had to hit his breaks not to hit me tought he was going to hit me for sure,gag has to go.
This is why you should rev the beast up alittle bit in first gear ... I always do. Leaving CAGS in will train you to rev to 2500+ RPMs in first gear all the time ... the way it should be driven :D.

No defete for me. In 1500 miles, probably only had it go 1-4 once, and that was just after I got the car. BTW -- you guys who still have CAGS notice that if you go into first gear if your still rolling the CAGS will not function. You have to come to a complete stop for it to "reset" for a 1-4 shift, and it will only do a 1-4 shift if you try to shift between 2000 and 2500 RPMs ... a VERY narrow window that can easily be avoided :)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.