Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good article in Corvette Quartely with pictures for a cags disable procedure. anybody have a kit they would reccomend?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Several site vendors carry the plug-in device. I bought mine from Xtreme Motorsports in PHX for $19.95. It's a snap to install. Takes longer to lift the car. Unplug the cable from the tranny, plug the CAGS device into the cable and plug the (supplied) cap into the tranny jack to keep dirt and water out. Voila!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
If you have a few bolt-on mods like CAI, long tubes & cat back then the best way is to have it disabled when you have a tune done. You can adjust your A/F ratio fan on / off temperature and a few other things as well.

soldmystang said:
good article in Corvette Quartely with pictures for a cags disable procedure. anybody have a kit they would reccomend?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I don't see what the big problems with CAGS is. I actually love it. If I don't feel like shifting through gears I can jump straight to fourth, but other than that just step on the gas and you wont even know you have it. There is no need to disable it, unless you drive like a real pansy. :p I mean come on if it's bothering you that much you have to be driving very slow. :yeadog:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sure, and they don't have traffic where you drive either. it is a pain in the ass when the car tells you when and how to shift. and i know i also floor it out my driveway and down thru the subdivision. pansy? :cen: please.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
z06_23_45 said:
I don't see what the big problems with CAGS is. I actually love it. If I don't feel like shifting through gears I can jump straight to fourth, but other than that just step on the gas and you wont even know you have it. There is no need to disable it, unless you drive like a real pansy. :p I mean come on if it's bothering you that much you have to be driving very slow. :yeadog:
You are the first person since Chevrolet started using this system to actually like. At least that I have heard. I'm glad you're happy but I've about run out of patience with mine. I think I'll go to Radio-Shack.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Mid-America also sells them.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
soldmystang said:
sure, and they don't have traffic where you drive either. it is a pain in the ass when the car tells you when and how to shift. and i know i also floor it out my driveway and down thru the subdivision. pansy? :cen: please.
What are you talking about flooring it. As long as you give more than 29% throttle the CAGS won't invoke.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It really didnt bother me till the day I almost got rear ended because of it. I went to Radio Shack the same day. 2 min and .59 cents and it was done.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
soldmystang said:
After i had my tune done, don't need my CAGS defeat plug, will sell you mine cheap, PM me.

Jack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts