Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 2.2k ohm resister that works on the T-56 will work on the M-12, and if so, is it in the same location? :-?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
A little over my head, but the same CAGS defeat that worked on a 2000 Vette works on my 2001 Z06. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks manatee, for the reply, but I believe only the 02' Z06's have the M12 transmission. I have only had my vette for a month and am still learning about them. I'm a WS6 convert!:)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yup, M12 tranny is Z06 specific, and has lower gear ratios in the lowerer gears (for more acceleration :D )

As far as the CAGS defeat, I personally don't have a problem with the CAGS because I rarely shift from 1st to 2nd gear when between 2000 and 2500 RPMs. The window in which the CAGS actually works is VERY narrow, and just a slight adjustment to your driving style will never allow it to funciton. No CAGS defete required on my Z :D.

Go out and 'play' with your driving style some, and you will see that its very easy to get around the CAGS system.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I do not have the CAGS problem with the Z06 like my convertible, the low gears in the trans and the engine just wanting to rev makes the 1-4 CAGS almost never happen.

·
Registered
0 Posts
hcvone said:
I do not have the CAGS problem with the Z06, the low gears in the trans and the engine just wanting to rev makes the 1-4 CAGS almost never happen.
I'm with Carl!! :yeadog: I don't need a CAGS. I never shift below 3000 RPMS. :D The Z loves higher revs!!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Yup - it'll work.

If you unplug the speed sensor it will work too, or so I'm told....:cheers:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Jeff said:
Does anyone know if the 2.2k ohm resister that works on the T-56 will work on the M-12, and if so, is it in the same location? :-?
I think so. I got a 2.2 Kohm 2 watt power resistor (the ceramic type) and it worked like a charm on my 2002. I would guess that strictly speaking, you don't need anything near 2 watts of dissipation, but I figured, better safe than sorry, and they're only around $0.70 or so. I bet you could get away with a half watt resistor though.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks novetteyet! I was'nt sure about it in the M12 since the 02' seems to be the first vette with it. did you find out it would work somewhere for the M12, or just try it? I believe all the other post were for 01's and I read in GM hitech performance as well as spoke to several parts people who say 02 is the first year for M12, so I am still researching! Thanks :cheers:
P.S. Shoudnt you change your name now to havette?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Jeff said:
I read in GM hitech performance as well as spoke to several parts people who say 02 is the first year for M12, so I am still researching! Thanks :cheers:
Jeff,

Welcome to the forum!! :cool:

Research no further, here is your answer concerning the M12, and yes, it was in the 2001. Look at the 2001 info located on the navigation bar:

<-------------------------OVER THERE!!

http://www.z06vette.com/01.php

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Hi Jeff - I just kinda tried it :) The right lead isn't hard to find, coz in addition to the handy directions you can find on this site, GM kindly put a big label on it that says something like "CAGS! This is the one you want. Right here. Don't touch any of the others please." :D Ok, not quite in those words, but it was labeled, which I found somewhat amusing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I found an old GM Hitech Performance that also said the 01' has the M12! Dont know why all the parts people or the latest magazine says otherwise? Be carefull when you get Z06 parts! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts