Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're flying out to Orange, CA on August 22 to visit family. Plan to fly back August 31.
Hope to see some of our Left coast members, Corvette Mikes's, and the NHRA Museum in Pomona.
Is Rudy's in Redondo Beach still having their cruise-in?
What else is going on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,548 Posts
Have a safe trip Tony! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,166 Posts
Hey Zip,

Yep, Ruby's Diner in Redondo Beach is still a happening thing. Talk to S-Tee, he's more active down there than I am. I know there are a few other cruise spots he hangs out at as well. Maybe he can set you up. Give him a jingle.

Zrod
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Living Life to the Fullest!

Here's our upcoming schedule:

This coming Saturday is our annual Vette club show at GM's Tech Center. August 15 we drive to Onekama, Michigan to visit family for several days, from there we drive about 30 miles to Ludington, MI to board a car ferry across Lake Michigan to attend the ALMS race in Elkhart Lake, WI...spend 4 days in WI, take the ferry back to Ludington, and then drive 250 miles home on the 22nd. Next morning fly to CA for a week or so. Spend one day home, and off to the NCM for the Hall of Fame/Labor Day event. September 15th we're off to Effingham, IL for the Fun Fest. Drive home on the 18th. On the 27th our club visits GM's Heritage Museum. Next morning we drive to Brasselton, GA for the Petit LeMans ALMS race. Head back home on October 1st....and collapse!

Zipster :z: :z:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,693 Posts
Zippy said:
Living Life to the Fullest!

Here's our upcoming schedule:

This coming Saturday is our annual Vette club show at GM's Tech Center. August 15 we drive to Onekama, Michigan to visit family for several days, from there we drive about 30 miles to Ludington, MI to board a car ferry across Lake Michigan to attend the ALMS race in Elkhart Lake, WI...spend 4 days in WI, take the ferry back to Ludington, and then drive 250 miles home on the 22nd. Next morning fly to CA for a week or so. Spend one day home, and off to the NCM for the Hall of Fame/Labor Day event. September 15th we're off to Effingham, IL for the Fun Fest. Drive home on the 18th. On the 27th our club visits GM's Heritage Museum. Next morning we drive to Brasselton, GA for the Petit LeMans ALMS race. Head back home on October 1st....and collapse!

Zipster :z: :z:

Sounds like you Mrs. Zippy have a full schedule. Lisa and I will probably see you at the NCM labor day event and again at Funfest! Have a safe and enjoyable trip. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
Zipster, have you ever been to the Petersen Museum in Downtown LA? Also John Force's museum and headquarters in right next door from Orange in Yorba Linda...He has once a year BBQ weekend that just happened a few weeks ago but his place is always open...If you're going to Rubys let us know and I will try and get down there to meet you...It usually starts too early for me to get down there...Also there is get together in Huntington Beach every Saturday morning that starts @ 5:00 AM and is over by 9...It's called Donut Derelicts and usually has about 75 to 100 cars from Cords to Cobras and everything in between...They just have coffee and donuts and bench race...Check it out...

Greg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Greg Irvine said:
Zipster, have you ever been to the Petersen Museum in Downtown LA? Also John Force's museum and headquarters in right next door from Orange in Yorba Linda...He has once a year BBQ weekend that just happened a few weeks ago but his place is always open...If you're going to Rubys let us know and I will try and get down there to meet you...It usually starts too early for me to get down there...Also there is get together in Huntington Beach every Saturday morning that starts @ 5:00 AM and is over by 9...It's called Donut Derelicts and usually has about 75 to 100 cars from Cords to Cobras and everything in between...They just have coffee and donuts and bench race...Check it out...

Greg
Greg: Yes, I've been to the Peterson Museum, and droveby Force shop but it was all locked up.
5AM? Not me....:)

Tony :z: :z:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,750 Posts
Tony! Just saw this thread... ...great, you're coming out! I guess that leaves Friday the 26th for you to visit Ruby's. I'll plan on getting out of work early to get down there. A lot of us go over to Ricky & Ronnie's Drive-in about 7pm and stay until whenever.

Rod--you gonna be able to make it? Let's get some Z06Vettes out to Ruby's!!! Meet from 4:30-5pm and cruise over to Ricky & Ronnie's after..

Ruby's

Ricky & Ronnie's

:z:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Airline strike

We decided to postpone our CA visit because of the Northwest Airline strike.

We hope to re-schedule our flight soon.

Zipster :( :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We're going to visit our daughter and family on Sept 13 thru 21st.

Looking forward to meeting some of our CA members! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
Zippy, if you are out of town and your new Z comes in, I would be happy to pick it up for you. After all, what are friends for? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MySR71 said:
Zippy, if you are out of town and your new Z comes in, I would be happy to pick it up for you. After all, what are friends for? :)
That OK with me.....as long as you pay for the car....after all that's what friends are for! :)

Zipster :z: :z:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We're planning on flying to LAX this Tuesday, Sept 13, to visit our daughter, and her family. Our flight back to Detroit will be on Sept 21.

Hope to meet some of our members during this time.

Tony :usa: :usa:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
S-TEE said:
Tony! Just saw this thread... ...great, you're coming out! I guess that leaves Friday the 26th for you to visit Ruby's. I'll plan on getting out of work early to get down there. A lot of us go over to Ricky & Ronnie's Drive-in about 7pm and stay until whenever.

Rod--you gonna be able to make it? Let's get some Z06Vettes out to Ruby's!!! Meet from 4:30-5pm and cruise over to Ricky & Ronnie's after..

Ruby's

Ricky & Ronnie's

:z:
Scott and other LA Vette guys:

Pat & I flew in to LAX last night, and I;m typng this from our daughter'shomei in Orange......We fly home on Sept 21....How about Ruby's on Sept 16? Scott, I'll pm my cell number give me a call first chance you get.

Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
SoCal Vette GTG at Petersen Museum on Sep 18

Hi, Zippy!

Welcome to the Left Coast again! My wife and I met you at Ruby's last time you were here. If you're free Sunday,
you might consider the Petersen Tour that Chuck has arranged. In fact, I think a group of Vettes is meeting in Orange at the Krispy Kreme and caravaning to the Petersen GTG. We're going. Maybe we'll see you there.

Details at: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1157101&forum_id=45

Enjoy your stay!

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
John:

I'm going to try and meet all of you at the Krispy Kreme Sunday morning...I'll be in a Blue Dodge minivan (rental car.)

Friday at Rudy's might not work out for me...grandson has a footbal game after school Friday and that's top priority.

Tony :) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,750 Posts
Zippy--just read this post--already PM'd a reply to your PM. Looks like you may not make it to Ruby's, huh? I'll try to give you a call Thursday to see what's up. I forgot about the Sunday gathering at the Petersen Museum--gonna see if I can go to that, and maybe we can meet up there.

John, long time no see! It'll be great to see you and Jane again--I'm gonna really try to get there...

Scott
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top