Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·


Cal Speedway Banner Pic...Thanks to Casey



Right side of garage. The Garage was full of Z's in the AM I wish I had got that shot. With 3 different run groups it was difficult to get all the cars at the same
time.



The left side of the garage, my Z and Bimota Guys Fast blue Z. He the DRM coupe and Othilio fought it out for top time of the day Saturday on race tires. I corded my slicks in session 2 ,so I ran full thread Nittos and managed the best non full race tire time. Not hard to do when all but 6-7 cars at the event had full race tires. It was a great event made even better by all the ZO6vette.com members in attendance.



The cute shot of my God Son Andy. GM ought to love this kind of early marketing. Gotta do something about that Ford decal though.



Fat Billy Bobs Ferrari in the background.



Garage and banner



Tower Shot, Oh nad BTW I have had some PM's on the 3m clear bra. My car has the full kit plus a treatment from the top of the side scoop in the rear running just below the crease in the door and wrapping up to the top of the front scoop. And for those of you with sharp eyes, no I did not run with the antenna on.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,352 Posts
Nice pics.

Can you PM me where you got the car numbers, been thinking of getting some done for DE's...

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,096 Posts
Nice pics!

Did you guys run the high speed oval or did they set up an infield road course?

I've been to California Speedway for CHAMP car races...it's one of the nicest race tracks ever! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We ran the 1.8 mile infield course. A good time was in the 1:17 - 1:15 range on this course.

My Admin does the numbers for me. She cuts vinyl decals for an off-road truck team. 12" tall by 7 3/4" wide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car is lowered on the stock bolts with cut bushings. Guldstrand did the corner weighting and lowered it to his specs for a couple tracks out here. It is a little low and I'm glad I have the little wheels up front to get me in and out of driveways.

I am running the T1 bars and 04 shocks on stock Z springs. The tires are 25.5x11.5x18 all around. They fit on the 02 and newer rims but will not fit on the 01's without grinding a ridge a bit on the inside of the rim.

I have not noticed any bottoming or odd stuff with this set-up on two of the 3 tracks I run. On one track I feel it is too low and will work to find the right ride height for that track. Comp mode does not do anything odd that I can tell.

I am running the DRM ducts and Phoenix spindel ducts.

The engine has just a BW with Ice box and a set of LT's. Nothing special here. I still can't use all the power the Z has to offer on 70% of the track. The other 30% are the straights and more power here would be nice, but there is more time everywhere else, so I just need to focus on driving the car for now.

Inside the car I have a corbeau forza seat, crow cam lock belts and the BK harness bar set-up plus a hot lap timer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
California Speedway is by far the best maintained track I have been to. It's pretty new, but still a first class operation. All garage stalls have air, electrical and work benches.

on to the other questions.........


The car is lowered on the stock bolts with cut bushings. Guldstrand did the corner weighting and lowered it to his specs for a couple tracks out here. It is a little low and I'm glad I have the little wheels up front to get me in and out of driveways.

I am running the T1 bars and 04 shocks on stock Z springs. The tires are 25.5x11.5x18 all around. They fit on the 02 and newer rims but will not fit on the 01's without grinding a ridge a bit on the inside of the rim. So I decided to go with the 02 and newer rims after much debate between spuncast and forged.

I have not noticed any bottoming or odd stuff with this set-up on two of the 3 tracks I run. On one track I feel it is too low and will work to find the right ride height for that track. Comp mode does not do anything odd that I can tell. I try to use comp mode the first session to get feel for where the limits are rather than finding them by going off the track. The car does not push at all with this set-up but the rear is a bit looser, but easily controlled. A bit looser rear helps on some corners to rotate the car. If you aim to drive smooth this set-up works pretty well for me, but I am sure there are trade-offs. Drifts are predictable and fairly neutral.

Caster/Camber are set near the max without any kits. The Goodyears and Nittos do not seam to need the huge camber the Hoosiers like.

I am running the DRM ducts and Phoenix spindel ducts. PFC01 pads all around. Will be switching to Carbotech when these are used up and swapping pistons to stainless. I use the Motul RBF600 fluid.

The engine has just a BW with Ice box and a set of LT's. Nothing special here. I will do a tune soon, but I still can't use all the power the Z has to offer on 70% of the track. The other 30% are the straights and more power here would be nice, but there is more time everywhere else, so I just need to focus on driving the car for now, then maybe H/C down the road. Lots of Modded cars get passed by set-ups like this. Seat time and tires seam to beat horsepower more often than not.

Inside the car I have a corbeau forza seat, crow cam lock belts and the BK harness bar set-up plus a hot lap timer. The display wedges in nicely with the ashtray lid open and a little velcro on the back. I have a homemade bracket from some alum sheet that I mounted to the attachment points for the BK bar. The eye piece is velcroed to the bracket for easy removal. I should have made the bracket about 1/2" taller to get the eye up more as I find I have to fiddle with it on some tracks to get it to work right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,548 Posts
Cool pics...looks like you guys had a great time. :z:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,166 Posts
Great pics. Bet ya had a blast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Zrod, you are close, time to come out and play when the weather gets a little cooler. BW is almost in your backyard.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top