Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one recently and used it for the first time today. I was a little skeptical when I ordered it but it sure did work nicely. I usually use a chamios and/or heavy 100% towel to dry my car. The water blade removed most of the water easily and effectively, cutting my drying time down considerably. I am sure many of you already know about it but I figured I would share my experiences. The time I saved on drying was put to use applying the zaino products sooner. I would recommend trying it.

Don

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the duster too. I have not tried it yet but I am sure I will be before too long. If it works as well as the blade, I will be very happy.
It sounded like JC had similar feelings before he tried both products too. I am looking forward to testing the duster as well.
I have been using (for many years) natural sponges. I like the feel and effectiveness they give. When I bought the water blade and duster, I ordered a lambs wool wash mit. I can honestly say it made my washing easier than the sponge. These three products are going to save me at least 30 minutes per wash and dry. Now if can find a better way to clean those wheels. hmmmmmm.:cool:
More Zaino tomorrow morning.

Don

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
When I had the minor scratch on the rear quarter fixed, the body shop gave the car a quick wash. When the guy brought the car around he commented about the water blade and how he was going right out to buy one, he was very impressed with its effectiveness.

Mark

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I just got my WaterBlade from Nate last week and used it before Saturday's LoneStar Corvette Club meeting. It really cuts down the drying time! Just be sure there is NO GRIT on the paint surface before dragging that squegee across your car.

I have been using the duster on my last 3 cars (same duster!) and it works great, saves me from having to wash the black car so often.

Hint, Lightly drag the duster across your car, don't use ANY pressure, the fibers grab all the visible dust. DO NOT use the duster on a hot hood! It will leave wax lines which will wash off.

Also, it is normal to have the duster streak a little when brand new (excess wax in the fibers).

Both Highly recommended!

-Jeff Nation

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I am probably the most skeptical (cynical) person when it comes to car stuff claims. However, the Blade and the Duster (Lg & Sm) work as advertised. I used to use 4 towels to dry my Z. Now it takes one. It still scares me when it squeaks, though. Using the small Duster on the interior is like magic.

Now I need the courage to use Zaino. The thought of using the Claybar scares the h--l out of me.

:D

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I like the waterblade and dusters. I, too, am timid about the claybar.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
YOU WASH YOUR CAR??!!

I've never washed mine, and I never let anyone else wash it.

I dust it daily.....only takes a couple of minutes. It's ALWAYS garaged, except on overnight runs, when it's covered with a beautiful red and black Z06 Custom Car Cover. It's never seen rain and never will.....not even wet streets. It's driven daily with the above exceptions. If I can't drive my Z, I have other vehicles.

About twice a week I go over the entire exterior with WIPE OUT. I found out about this stuff several years ago from a friend who details cars. It's used by new car dealers to do a quick detail job. Smells like Bannanas and no I never drink the stuff(might be good on some ice with 50/50 mix of Vodka!!). It takes about 15 minutes to do the WHOLE car, including tires and wheels. WIPE OUT works on everything!! I buy it by the gallon direct from the Mfg. You can only get it from them! It's not sold in stores, and the smallest size is a gallon. It's used by professionals......

It has wax in it and it cleans bugs fast. It's truly an easy way to keep my Z lookin good all the time. I've even won an Award at a car show, which I've been told is difficult with an Silver Vette.

I've got a bunch of Zaino products, and will eventually give them a try. Who knows, I may like the stuff. I just hope it's quick and easy......but, from what I've read it seems to take a lot of time and effort, which I don't have with kids and grandkids, a beautiful wife who needs lots of care and feeding if you know what I mean. Plus I have a business that requires lotsa time.

We have a member of our club who has a TR '02 Z06 and is a GM District Manager. He says waxing is not necessary with modern finishes?! Talked to a body shop and they said that is true. Now, before you flame me, remember, Wipe Out IS wax that goes on easy and comes off easy leaving a silky smooth waxed surface. So, while I'm cleaning it, I'm also waxing it. A one step process.

I used this stuff along with the duster on my '93 TT Supra for almost 6 years. That car looked as good as new the day I sold it:)

Years ago, when I was single and had a lot of time on my hands, about 3 coats of wax every week made my '59 Black Corvette Convertible look awesome. But, if I missed a waxing it didn't look as good. Of course, that was when waxing required a lot more effort than today's modern waxes. Lotsa rubbing required. I remember getting blisters!!

My 2 cents..... :guiness:
Barrie

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Use the Force (claybar) Luke!

Just use plenty of Lube on the clay and on the paint. You know what they say "You can never have to much lube"

·
Registered
778 Posts
I use the "Waterblade" and both dusters. Here in Ft. Worth, the water tends to dry fast. Even using the waterblade, I have water spots which need a damp cloth and chamois. I do like the way the blade removes excess water, but I hate the spots. Only about once a year do I need to "deep clean" the interior since I started with the duster on the interior (of the FRC). I have used the "Claybar" on all my vehicles and am a true believer, but like was mentioned before, use plenty of lube and almost no pressure on the clay! Try it, you'll like it!!!!!!

Joe :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Follow the directions for the clay. Keep it wet & little or no pressure. I had rail dust on my new white car. :mad:

A friend who works for Meguiars told me about it. It works.:yeadog: :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Re: YOU WASH YOUR CAR??!!

01ZEE06 said:
I buy it by the gallon direct from the Mfg. You can only get it from them! It's not sold in stores, and the smallest size is a gallon. It's used by professionals......

Barrie,

I am always interested in an easy way to clean the car, especially in the winter.

Where do you get WIPE OUT? Web Site?

It sounds like this stuff is not really compatible with Zaino. I am not sure I can give up my Zaino but I would like to learn more about WIPE OUT.

My biggest fear with a water-less wash is rubbing dirt into the finish. It sounds like you have not had that problem but there are times when my car gets a lot of grime just from the brake dust and road dust. I don't know if I would want to rub that on the paint.

- Charley

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hey Barrie,

Where can we buy this Wipe OUT stuff?? I would be wiling to buy a gallon, if anyone out in WA ST wants to split it, that would be fine! Sounds similar to Griot's Garage "SPEED SHINE" www.griotsgarage.com (very cool stuff there)

Thanks,

Win

:cheers:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wipeout also sound similar to a product called Dri-Wash n Guard, which washes and polishes at the same time. Works pretty good, but afraid to use it on the new black Z, afraid of tiny scratches.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
MOUNTAINWOLF said:
Wipeout also sound similar to a product called Dri-Wash n Guard, which washes and polishes at the same time. Works pretty good, but afraid to use it on the new black Z, afraid of tiny scratches.
I used that on another car. The thing I didn't like about it was that it left little white dots in places that weren't easy to reach with a towel. You spray it on and wipe it off but if you spray it into a tight crack, it just dries there. It cleaned fine but I have the same concerns about scratching the paint.

- Charley

1 - 20 of 27 Posts