Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...."93 Octane REQUIRED." ....

per Chevy site, Z06 Specifications.

Might as well just cancel your orders and send them to Pennsylvania !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Mixing Chart of Gas

Gallons Gallons of 100 oct race gas
91 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
1 95.5 97.0 97.8 98.2 98.5 98.7 98.9 99.0 99.1 99.2 99.3
2 94.0 95.5 96.4 97.0 97.4 97.8 98.0 98.2 98.4 98.5 98.6
3 93.3 94.6 95.5 96.1 96.6 97.0 97.3 97.5 97.8 97.9 98.1
4 92.8 94.0 94.9 95.5 96.0 96.4 96.7 97.0 97.2 97.4 97.6
5 92.5 93.6 94.3 95.0 95.5 95.9 96.3 96.5 96.8 97.0 97.2
6 92.3 93.3 94.0 94.6 05.1 95.5 95.8 96.1 96.4 96.6 98.6
7 92.1 93.0 93.7 94.3 94.8 95.2 95.5 95.5 95.8 96.1 96.3
8 92.0 92.8 93.5 94.0 94.5 94.9 95.2 95.5 95.8 96.0 96.2
9 91.9 92.6 93.3 93.8 94.2 94.6 94.9 95.2 95.5 95.7 96.0
10 91.8 92.5 93.1 93.6 94.0 94.4 94.7 95.0 95.3 95.5 95.7
11 91.8 92.4 92.9 93.4 93.8 94.2 94.5 94.8 95.0 95.3 95.5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,777 Posts
PimpDadd said:
Gallons Gallons of 100 oct race gas
91 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
1 95.5 97.0 97.8 98.2 98.5 98.7 98.9 99.0 99.1 99.2 99.3
2 94.0 95.5 96.4 97.0 97.4 97.8 98.0 98.2 98.4 98.5 98.6
3 93.3 94.6 95.5 96.1 96.6 97.0 97.3 97.5 97.8 97.9 98.1
4 92.8 94.0 94.9 95.5 96.0 96.4 96.7 97.0 97.2 97.4 97.6
5 92.5 93.6 94.3 95.0 95.5 95.9 96.3 96.5 96.8 97.0 97.2
6 92.3 93.3 94.0 94.6 05.1 95.5 95.8 96.1 96.4 96.6 98.6
7 92.1 93.0 93.7 94.3 94.8 95.2 95.5 95.5 95.8 96.1 96.3
8 92.0 92.8 93.5 94.0 94.5 94.9 95.2 95.5 95.8 96.0 96.2
9 91.9 92.6 93.3 93.8 94.2 94.6 94.9 95.2 95.5 95.7 96.0
10 91.8 92.5 93.1 93.6 94.0 94.4 94.7 95.0 95.3 95.5 95.7
11 91.8 92.4 92.9 93.4 93.8 94.2 94.5 94.8 95.0 95.3 95.5
Ohhhhh......it's.....clear.....now. :screwy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,080 Posts
Might as well include Arizona too!!! and Kansas...etc....All I can get in AZ (yuma) is 91. I believe that Colorado is also 91.

:mah: :mah: :mah: :mah: :mah:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
971 Posts
Not having a National gas stardard is just plain stupid, not mention the pcb's, cost(.45c extra). My understanding there is new bill being brought to House now. I wish we had 93.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
vant said:
Ohhhhh......it's.....clear.....now. :screwy:
Well assuming you dont wait till you need all 18 gallons --

In order to get real 93 octane fuel in CA you need around 11 gallons of 91 and 3 to 4 of 100 in order to get 92.9 to 93.4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Yeah but the 93 wont apply in CO. Yes there is only 91 here but that is because of the altitude. Dont need 93 here anyway. Now CA thats a different story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,777 Posts
PimpDadd said:
Well assuming you dont wait till you need all 18 gallons --

In order to get real 93 octane fuel in CA you need around 11 gallons of 91 and 3 to 4 of 100 in order to get 92.9 to 93.4
Seems like a lot of work. Wouldn't it be easier to just shoot all the CA politicians? :sneaky:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
I dare you to try and shoot Awwwwnald. He will terminate you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,616 Posts
Nevada is limited to 91 also.

Race gas works, but only if the pump is close. Nearest Race Gas to me is a 25 mile drive..... :roll:

Torco works for me :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
91 octane will work just fine. Has been for years on all the high performance cars coming out that require 93. This is old news.

In the next 5 years the highest octane anyone will be able to pump buy will be 88-90. Get used to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
briann510 said:
91 octane will work just fine. Has been for years on all the high performance cars coming out that require 93. This is old news.

In the next 5 years the highest octane anyone will be able to pump buy will be 88-90. Get used to it.
my big block ain't gonna like that....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
I had an opportunity to speak at length with Dave Hill when he was at the ALMS in Sonoma. He said that the C6 Z06 would run just fine on 91 octane with only a very minor power drop. As he said, "it will still be very quick". He gave a very thorough presentation on the C6 Z06 and thoughtfully answered questions. In addition to being an outstanding engineer he is also a very nice guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
I just put in 5 gallons of 100 octane.

Available right at the pump at the Circle K gas station on Federal just north of Commercial.

I love Florida!!!!!


PJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,616 Posts
So that's $5.00 per gallon(or is it more now that gas prices are rising?) times 5 gallons, or an additional $25.00 every time you fill up, and you have to go to 2 different pumps each time you fill her up?

Torco is $12.00 per fill and raises octane to 95 and you only need to go to 1 pump at a regular gas station.

And the State of Florida loves you too :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,747 Posts
yogivette said:
Yeah but the 93 wont apply in CO. Yes there is only 91 here but that is because of the altitude. Dont need 93 here anyway. Now CA thats a different story.
I have not had any problems with 91 in the current Z. I am not sure I completely believe the altitude helps that much, my truck pings without high octane. it really sucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
01ZEE06 said:
So that's $5.00 per gallon(or is it more now that gas prices are rising?) times 5 gallons, or an additional $25.00 every time you fill up, and you have to go to 2 different pumps each time you fill her up?

Torco is $12.00 per fill and raises octane to 95 and you only need to go to 1 pump at a regular gas station.

And the State of Florida loves you too :D
No No, you misunderstood me.

I normally fill up with 93 octane.

Once in a while when my tank is really low and i'm around that station i'll put in 5 gallons of the 100 straight.

I just love that smell.

PJ
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top