Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys - what type of bolt holds the calipers together and what size? While I'm at it, what size is the wheel lug on my Z06?

Sorry, stupid questions, last minute prep for a few days at VIR. Never changed a tire nor pads myself, but i'll be there for three days. Want to be prepared.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Caliper bracket 21mm torque is 125ft-lbs-remove those to change rotors.

bolt to change pads 15mm and I think 23 ft-lbs.

Lug nuts 19mm 100 ft-lbs

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
silverz06vette said:
Caliper bracket 21mm torque is 125ft-lbs-remove those to change rotors.

bolt to change pads 15mm and I think 23 ft-lbs.

Lug nuts 19mm 100 ft-lbs
Keep in mind that the small 15mm bolts have a flat on the pin on the other side of the flat on the caliper. You can't just put a wrench on the 15mm bolt or you will just turn the whole guide pin. I believe the back side flats on the guide pin is 18 mm front and 16mm rear.

If you are looking for new bolts, here are the part numbers for the two (note - you'll need eight of each to do the whole car):
Caliper Bracket Bolts 14084051
Caliper Bolts 14067559
:cheers:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Subdriver said:
Keep in mind that the small 15mm bolts have a flat on the pin on the other side of the flat on the caliper. You can't just put a wrench on the 15mm bolt or you will just turn the whole guide pin. I believe the back side flats on the guide pin is 18 mm front and 16mm rear.

If you are looking for new bolts, here are the part numbers for the two (note - you'll need eight of each to do the whole car):
Caliper Bracket Bolts 14084051
Caliper Bolts 14067559
:cheers:
Where is the best place to order the caliper bolts from? GM dealer doesn't seem to stock them...

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
FYI ... I had the part numbers from previous threads.
I just ordered bolts. First I went to the Catalog ... numbers did not come up ... went to year, make, model and the caliper breakout under wheels and brakes did not have bolts listed ... :screwy:
So, after reading SubDriver's note ... confirming I had the right numbers, I went back in and just entered the numbers at the top left under "SEARCH" ... and got the hits ... duh ! :thumb:
$44.16 for a set of 8 of each delivered to MD.
Thanks, Brad.
:ity:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts