Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't help it. I pride myself on my level of self control but yesterday I lost it. Entering the highway yesterday afternoon there was a white Rustang about 50 yards in front of me and he must have caught a glimpse of me getting on the hwy and I instantly saw his break lights come on and he slowed to get next to me. I heard him downshift several times and he kept punching it next to me and slowing down again. His car had some sort of fender badging on it that I haven't seen before and I couldn't read it, but it sounded like he'd done some work to it. What pushed me over the edge was his obvious lack of respect for what I was driving....almost like he knew he could dust me........and he just kept egging me on, almost teasing me. I let him gun it ahead of me again before I down-shifted to 4th so he couldn't hear it (we were both doing 75). As I got next to him again I just buried the pedal from about 3500 rpm's and was prepared to possibly get embarrased. To my surprise, he stayed with me initially but didn't have to power to pull around, but as our speed went above around 120 he started to drop back and then appeared to give up. This was on a long open bridge going up-hill. I let off the gas about half way down the other side and when he caught up to pass he gave me a thumbs up as he went by. Yes, I know this was childish and stupid but i've never been so blatantly challenged before. I couldn't resist. On hind-sight, I think maybe he stayed behind me cause he needed my draft to go that fast.:lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
778 Posts
....but it sure FEELS GOOD, doesn't it???:lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe :D :D :D

·
Registered
514 Posts
Childish!?

I think not!

That rocked!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yea, was fun stuff. I'm sure a built Mustang can be trouble off the line, but a roll race from 70mph+ against a relatively stock Z?
Think again Pony Boy:lol: :lol: :cheers:

whats really funny is that I'm sitting here talkin smack when I initially thought I was going to get smoked:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Not childish at all.One more bogey you just picked off!!:)

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
It happens to me once or twice a week, sometimes I play some times not.
But it does feel good when I do.:D

·
Registered
483 Posts
I cant believe you would do such a childish thing on a open highway. At your age driving a fast as hell car you should know better. If it was one of my kids i would rip them a new a**hole for doing such a infantile thing............Where did you say i could find this guy just want to test my brakes at 120:D :D :D :D .

·
Registered
142 Posts
I love those kinda challenges....

I had a guy in a pimped out Import Eclipse Turbo, pull up beside me last week. I had to give him a show. Dropped it in 3rd an pulled football fields ahead of him. I slowed he caught up to me whit his Video Camera in hand recording me in the my Z06, so I proceeded to do aother 3rd gear roll-on for the 2nd show.

I know it wasn't really a challenge, but the guy had me laughing me when he pulled out the CamCorder.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Wow...

...never been cam corded before.

Dude MUST have been impressed.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I feel childish, I am not mature enough to act right in my car. That is why I received my 1st ticket in over 15 years 2 weeks ago taking a friend of mine for a ride after Sunday School of all things :roll:

Be carefull! :(

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Mark Little said:
taking a friend of mine for a ride after Sunday School of all things :roll: :(
You should know better than after Sunday School...:eek: What's your preacher gonna say...:eek: :eek: Better yet, give him a ride also!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts