Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I need you to do the forum a favor.

We need the domain for c6vette.com for our new sister site, unfortunately, its taken.

Please take a minute to write or call this gentleman and beg/plead with him to sell us the domain. Please be as kind as possible and express how much this forum means to us and what c6vette.com would mean to our future Corvette brothers. Remember, we have no money, so we are at his mercy. I have another domain in case he will not sell.

I hope he owns a Vette and understands.

Thanks.

JC

Bill Peirce
Phone: 281-545-1296
Fax..: 281-545-1297
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
223 Posts
done

·
Registered
619 Posts
I say that we keep the C6 website as is.

Personaly, I like the name and the whole design of the website.

Anyways, ths guy is just like all of the other guys that like to swallow up popular domain names in order to make huge profits.

Trust me, he won't amount to anything if he keeps with thse tactics.

Believe me, if not, look-up jp3.com, some guy wanted to sell it to Universal and they wouldn't buge.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
The owner of c6vette.com has responded in another thread. At this point I'm not ready to pass quick judgment on the owner's motives.

I hope I haven't opened Pandora's box. :eek:

My $.02

·
Registered
5 Posts
VPRKLLR said:
I say that we keep the C6 website as is.

Personaly, I like the name and the whole design of the website.

Anyways, ths guy is just like all of the other guys that like to swallow up popular domain names in order to make huge profits.

Trust me, he won't amount to anything if he keeps with thse tactics.

Believe me, if not, look-up jp3.com, some guy wanted to sell it to Universal and they wouldn't buge.
You must have me mistaken for someone else.

1.) I'm not like the "other guys" that swallow up domains to make a profit. I develop automotive websites to support my ugly sports car habits. I own and operate some very cool websites, one of which is the best damn NSX reference in the world. Including an online copy of the service manuel, a complete parts manuel, and so much more. In fact, the NSX site has over 800 megs of data! And, it get's 150,000 hits per month. So I don't think I'm like the "other guys."

2.) If I decide to launch C6Vette, it will "amount to something". I'm good at what I do and have 4 NSX sites, 1 that is really huge. A great Jeep site, and even a Ferrari site. And soon I'll be launching F355.com for the Ferrari lovers of those great cars.

Anyway, thanks for your opinion... fellow sports car lover... ex-C5 owner!

- Bill

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh yeah, one more thing.... I too had the Museum Delivery option and own a brick for God's sake! So how bad could I be?

I've even taken my NSX's to the musuem; twice. And both of my Corvette's had the pleasure of visiting there birthing place and the musuem: 1994 6-speed (green/tan) and 1997 6-speed (black/gray).

Let's see, I have a picture of 3 NSX's in front of the museum.... everyone thought that we had pre-production C6's! Give me a break... test mules in Bowling Green? Not!

- Bill

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
NSXSC I think most of the guys here are just very protective of this site and may come across a little strong and not mean any thing by it. As with everyone else that joins this Forum I welcome you and I am sure you can add something to the experience here.:)

·
Registered
496 Posts
If it takes $4 to acquire the desired web site, I'll be happy to contribute. However, even though the current owner of the domain is polite, he is still just another guy making money buying domain names to resell them.

If the current owner is willing to part with the domain name, then why is it important for him to make a profit? If he were a real "Vette Guy", he'd be happy to reliquish the domain for the greater good and support of the Corvette hobby/lifestyle at the same amount that it cost him to register it.

If it were me, I'd have nothing to do with him. I've seen this waaay too much as the company I work for was also held up to the sum of over 6 figures for a domain name. We decided to let the guy keep it and came up with another one.

JMHO

·
Registered
217 Posts
SS (Dave),

Howcum your date of joining the forum hasn't even happened yet: 2007????? :eek:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Whooo hooooo ! Now I've joined later than anyone!!!!! 2008!!!!

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Frank is right, we gave it our best shot, it's best to be good sports and just move on. We've all wanted something we couldn't have, so lets make the best of what we do have.

Bill, I know I speak for the majority of our members when i say thank you for at least giving us the opportunity and discussing it with us.

Ok?

Now, lets get back to business :)

JC

1 - 16 of 16 Posts