Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it was bound to happen, the dream has been realized, :cool: Z06Vette.com has spread like wildfire and I suspect there are quite a few Z Enthusiasts up here in the Pacific NW Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia area. ZeeOhSix (Scott), Martin and me (JZ) are looking to setup some sort of Cruise Fest before the skys turn permanently black :( And possibly the official West Coast members Chapter of Z06Vette.com (Is that ok JC?) ....at the very least, just a few get-togethers now and then :D

Anyway Scott and I were thinking possibly about next weekend?? (20-21) Of course, we would perfer a sunny day but we can play that by ear;) The main objective is to support this excellent site and drive our Zs:D

Frank sent me a Banner, which arrived today :D (Of course I had to carefully check the "no return" address package for suspicious power :lol: but it came clean :D

Sooo, this is a invitation to see how many of you guys/gals are interested??

So let us know :cheers:

I can see it now.....50 Z06 Vettes cruising down the highway, Banner flying in the wind, heads a turning :D Sounds :cool: huh? Lets get the West Coast Boys and girls on board, and have some FUN:D :cheers: :guiness:

·
Registered
0 Posts
As per a request, I am going to temperarily moving this back to Grandstand for a couple of days to give our Northwest friends some much needed exposure. :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
With all of the forum members with Z's in the area, I've been thinking about that too.. I'm in!

But my Z is still 3 weeks out.. And the skies have been pretty dark lately :eek:

If it delivers the week of Nov 5 as it should, I'm wondering how far I might have to drive to find some sun and dry road..

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Come on you guys....don't be shy......Lets get something together up here in the Pacific NW. Tambeng, and BrianK want to join in....who else?? I've seen a few Zs on the road up here, lets get together for a day of head-turnin cruising. There's almost nothing better than a bunch of Zs cruising down I5 heading NOWHERE!! :D

We can get some Babes to "Hold on" (to the Banner) ;) Get some shots, and post our experiences.....of the cruise :D

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

I love my Z:D :D :cheers:

:z: :z: :z: :z: :z: :z: :z: :z:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Don't forget about us guys up here. The border might be plugged with more cars, but if the weather is great and I am in town, I'll come down there !

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry to say but ZEDOH6 has already been put away for the winter otherwise I'd be there -for sure lets make a spring meet
Ill keep this in mind for early April .

:)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Thanks for the offer (idea) JZ... unfortunately the SilverShark is leaving for sunny Scottsdale on Wednesday 17 October (with the SLK 320 and the Harley). Hoping to drive (& ride ALL year long!) I wish you all the best! -HarleyB:z: :cheers:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Don't forget us here in P-town

If you guys are headin down I-5. Head on down to Portland. My local club is cruzin to Hood River on the 20th. Also I will be at PIR on the 21st. You guys are all invited.:cheers:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ZEDOH6 said:
Sorry to say but ZEDOH6 has already been put away for the winter otherwise I'd be there -for sure lets make a spring meet
Ill keep this in mind for early April .

:)
Well unfortunatly many Zs are "sleeping" for the winter. We will plan a spring thing. Hopefully many of you NW guys will join in. :D

BUT I think Scott (Martin?) and me are still cruisin on Sat. because the forecast is for blue. sunny skys :cheers: Soooooo if anyone is interested, send a private message, and will inform you of where we B going:D

John (JZ)

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've read a lot of cases where a guy went to great effort to make sure his 'vette never saw rain, but then couldn't get much more for the car as a result of all that non-driving.

It's just like the price for a 2001 Z06 now.. I see guys asking $40-$42 for a car with a few thousand miles, and dealers asking $41-$42 new. Whatcha gonna do?? You're going to take that big first year depreciation, even if you remain in denial about it ;)

So in a year, if my car is worth 2K less because I enjoyed it every day, how could I care? But that's just me, and I either have 5 months of rain ahead with no Z, or 5 months of rain and a Z. Not a tough choice! :D

But if it weren't such an extreme case or if the weather were freezing, I could see not driving the car in the weather. I'm sure I will sing a different tune when the car is freshly waxed..

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BrianK said:
I've read a lot of cases where a guy went to great effort to make sure his 'vette never saw rain, but then couldn't get much more for the car as a result of all that non-driving.

It's just like the price for a 2001 Z06 now.. I see guys asking $40-$42 for a car with a few thousand miles, and dealers asking $41-$42 new. Whatcha gonna do?? You're going to take that big first year depreciation, even if you remain in denial about it ;)

So in a year, if my car is worth 2K less because I enjoyed it every day, how could I care? But that's just me, and I either have 5 months of rain ahead with no Z, or 5 months of rain and a Z. Not a tough choice! :D

But if it weren't such an extreme case or if the weather were freezing, I could see not driving the car in the weather. I'm sure I will sing a different tune when the car is freshly waxed..

I Love your Attitude:D I drive a CO car or I too would drive the Beast everyday............You have Definitely made me think :roll: Ya, I think I will drive when I want, regardless of Mother Nature:D

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Hey JZ; I just picked mine up last Wednesday. I missed your post on the Saturday drive or we could of perhaps hooked up. I went north on some freeway and some backroads to Bellingham, putting some miles on it; 180 now. The weather will probably be less predictable from here on out, but if you plan another drive let me know. How was yours?

Pat

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Scott and I had lots of fun! :D I will have pictures soon.....We will keep you posted on upcoming cruises......We are planning more before the Really BAD Weather:eek: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I'm thinking THIS weekend (11/17 or 11/18). Weather forcast looks good for both days so far! :D.

Anyone else up for something? I'll start a new thread in this forum to arouse some interest :D.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts