Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got to the plant yesterday afternoon, your "Baby" EB Seq #3209 had already been born, QC'd and over in the big parking lot. I was not allowed in that area. Sorry I did not get to see it but the folks I was with did check the computer and confirmed she was born, took a great big "first breath" and was in excellent health waiting for her new daddy!!!!!!

Regards,
Ken-

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Thanks Ken, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the news that "baby" is fine. Of course, now I am getting just a little crazy with the wait! August 23 seems like an eternity.

Are you going to the Carlisle show? If you are, let me know - I owe you at least one frosty one.

Thanks again...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

On 2001-08-03 15:59, C5Venom spewed forth this drivel:
When I got to the plant yesterday afternoon, your "Baby" EB Seq #3209 had already been born, QC'd and over in the big parking lot. I was not allowed in that area. Sorry I did not get to see it but the folks I was with did check the computer and confirmed she was born, took a great big "first breath" and was in excellent health waiting for her new daddy!!!!!!

Regards,
Ken-

Hey Ken,

I'm trying to track known orders/build dates as a means of forcasting my future event. I have a graph from 7/17 through 8/24 and recent sequence numbers are occuring earlier than I expected. Did you learn how many cars they are producing per day while you were there? My math is saying something like 145.

Thanks, jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BLUEBYU, glad to help. Thanks for the offer, I'll take a rain check on the Frosty one.

I'll catch up with you soon. Possibly around the same time as you take museum delivery -- I'm trying for the same week.

Let's keep in touch........

Regards,
Ken-

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jerboa, I was with the asst. plant manager and asked him about the Seq. #'s per day. The average per day may be 130 to 140 but lately they have been as high as 150. The reason for the variance per day is due to the number of cars pulled off the line, put on-hold, waiting for parts. I saw seven new cars pulled off the line for up to two hours each before they worked their way back to the
final engine test stand and water testing. I got the impression that "just-in-time" inventory is not always in time!!!!

Regards,
Ken-

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
C5Venom, the missus and i will be in BG the afternoon of 8/22. We are staying at William Strode's B&B - the 1869 Homestead. I am scheduled to be at the Museum at 8:00 A.M. on 8/23. If you are in town, perhaps we could get together for dinner. Would love to see your baby too!! They're all beuatiful...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BLUEBYU, if Mary and I are in town at that time -- you got a dinner engagement!

I am suppose to call Judy at the NCM on Wednesday to see when she will be scheduling me. I am trying for around the time you will be there. I will keep in touch.......

The cars I saw ready for delivery looked awesome. Looks to me like the Cave City Chev. dealer did a great cleanup job on each car I viewed.

Regards,
Ken-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts