Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the usual boltons and a local stage1 port with stealth camII, execpt my full exhaust system is stock with cats removed, i dynoed it and using predator only got 397 rwhp after doing 3 pulls(tested in summer with outside temp over 40 degrees celcius!). How much hp increase would i reallistically get by adding longtubes and an x-pipe? Secondly, would i get more hp changing the tailpipes or stick with stock titaniums? Thirdly, could anyone recommend a cam that is more powerful but still have a barely noticeable shake as my stealth II?
i dont have throttle body, stock injectors.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Say with the stock titaniums and add LG long-tubes you will add 25 to 30 HP :z: :z:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
I would say that the above estimate for long tubes is about right. You will not gain anything worth mentioning with a different Cat back system, if you do this , do it for the sound. As to recommending another Cam, the only one that might be close to what you are looking for maybe LG's mild street cam. However, I suspect that tuning with the predator is leaving HP on the table - do you have someone writing a custom program for you or are you using the one that comes with it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have one dyno meter here in Kuwait, and hey can do a custom tune reasonably i here, it seems someoen from the States came over and showed them the ropes. In my case i started with the program i d/l from predator then they messed a little with the spark and fuel level til they said thats about it, in fact we wanted to lessen the fuel a bit but the predator only changes large increments so we were left wanting a bit, but im considering a custom tune when i add headers and maybe a cam if i can get the one i desire. i hope the custom tune will lessen a lope??
Thanks guys for the advice so far!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I upgraded the valves to 202's and added comp 918's. By the way, the stealth cam II is amazing compared to stock, it pulls from as low as 1500 rpm and doesnt let up til past 6500, i highly recommend it, and the lope is so slight 99% of people riding with me couldnt even notice it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have the following mods:

LG's with randam techs
Stealth II cam
Halltech TRAP
918's with Ti retainers
Borla Stinger with Flowmaster 1 chambers instead of the borlas
WOT tuning

401rwhp and 387rwtq I think with tuning I'll get a couple more HP then maybe a pulley and a Ported TB get me to the 410 but thats alot of money for 10 HP :)

So you figure with ported heads I'd get another 15 to 20HP... I doubt headers are going to give you 30rwhp in that scenerio but then stage I ported heads could mean anything.

Yes the Stealth II is pimp its power everywhere with no real downside.

But then I could have a weak ass car to begin with maybe you could get 30 more RWHP with headers and a better tune, That would be sweet!! Hard to compare two different cars no matter how much they are alike.

I think unless your willing to go big then the Steath II is the best where your at. I toyed with doing an F13 like I had in my WS6 but I like the smoothness and manners of the Z06.

·
Registered
629 Posts
01Z06Wicked1 said:
I have the following mods:

LG's with randam techs
Stealth II cam
Halltech TRAP
918's with Ti retainers
Borla Stinger with Flowmaster 1 chambers instead of the borlas
WOT tuning

401rwhp and 387rwtq I think with tuning I'll get a couple more HP then maybe a pulley and a Ported TB get me to the 410
I've been lurking on the forum trying to figure out how to get 405 rwhp out of a car with a 405 hp badge on the side. I think it's embarrasing to tell my buddies it's crankshaft hp. I want to get the 405 actual rwhp and try to keep as much gas mileage and reliability as possible for the lowest price. But first I have to work on the handling and my driving. Just what we all want, a lot of power for a little bit of money. Well at least those of us that can't buy anything we want.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it seems to me that you need to get rid of your MAfs screen like in the '02, then get an intake and exhaust system, good power can be had from those 2, as for increased accleleration, since i had the aluminium flywheel then crank pulley, the car pulls like its weight has gone down by a huge amount, its worth it for fun factor alone, and perfect for drag strip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts