Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at upgrading my 08 Z with Cam/Headers/102mm Fast intake. I have read a lot of information on multiple cam and header setups... i'm looking for some feedback on the G7X4 cam and headers from LG. I also am completely open for recommendations on other cams(lingenfelter, ragin racin, texas speed etc.). I am wanting a hp and torque over most the rpm range and still as close to streetable as possible. I currently have varraram CAI and 160 thermo. the rest is bone stock. I plan to cat delete for sure but keep the stock exhaust for now.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
First of all welcome to :z:

I'm sure someone here has done what you are considering to do. Questions they may have would be: is this car going to the track or just a street machine with maybe a track day or two? What are your horsepower and torque expectations?

If you are going for a cam, that would be a good time to check out the "heads" for any valve guide issues that have been know to haunt the LS7.

Personally, I would recommend American Racing Headers (ARH) as they are a quality piece made here in the good old USofA versus the other brands.

You know that just replacing the thermostat without reprogramming the PCM (reset fans) does little.

Wait until all your mods are done before getting it tuned unless you can do it yourself or have someone do it for you without charging you every time you need it changed.

Again welcome to :z:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the feedback and glad to be here!

I drive my z to work 2-3 days a week so still needs to be a streetable cam, but I want as agressive as I can get, walk the line there a bit.

I agree on the heads and will definitely make sure they are checked.

Headers I have decided either LG or ARH. I have nothing but positive feedback on the ARH.

Yes, I plan to have the cam, 102mm manifold and headers all done at the same time and then take it in for tuning.

Thanks again for the feedback!

·
Registered
44 Posts
You really can
t go wrong with LG. I went with Ragin Racin's "Lethal cam package (.660 lift w split duration) and love it. Had it professionally installed and tuned and it's a beast now (2006 Z06). A slight surge at low speeds but easily overlooked. Power throughout the entire RPM range. I get compliments on her idle everywhere I go. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate the input. I was looking at the Lethal cam as well as the stalker cam. Sounds like the Lethal Cam and the G7X4 may be very similar in nature. What kind of numbers are you getting with the lethal cam?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts