Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking at this car that has a TSP 233/239 cam, but the guy said he would swap in a 225/225 (225/220 maybe?something close, I can't remember) if I wanted since I will be using this car for autox and a little road racing, as well as daily driving. He mostly uses it for drag racing now.

I was wondering which cam you guys would recomend for my application, you think the cam he has in there would be too agressive for daily driving? and would the other cam he said he would swap in for me provide a better powerband for auto-x and roadracing? Thanks!

I'd like to just keep the more agressive cam in there for the extra power if it's doable, but I just wanted some opinions first.

BTW, this is in an LS1 car, but I just thought I would ask here since you guys are knowlegeable :thumb: .

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
ttt I'm curious too... I'll like a cam for a bit more power, but I want the best pic for HPDE's.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I am not a road racer, but I would think you would want a camshaft with very good midrange for roadcourse and autox. The 225 camshaft you have listed above will probably make better numbers in the midrange than the 233/239. Also everyones definition of streetable is pretty different but for me I would not go over a duration of 225-228 or so for street driving. I would also try and keep the lift .570 or under for valvespring maintenence (purely subjective). For me the best camshaft for a Z would be the TR 224 on 114 (224/224 .563/.563 on 114 LSA). This camshaft has killer midrange, great street manners, a noticeable lope, and reasonalble lift for spring maintenance. This camshaft will probably peak around 6300 RPM...so it will pull significantly harder than stock up top.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Nick sounds like a great recomendation.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
rpallas said:
Dmtnt, but that 106 lsa really rocks your Dave Despain bobblehead! :eek: :guiness:
Lol, its not a good "daily-driver" cam, that's for sure. I'm still on the stock heads and bumpstick, but seriously considering this cam + GMPP CNC LS6 heads this summer. The beauty of this cam is that it will put out 450+ rwhp and your valve springs will last forever since its only .571 lift. :thumb:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Cobra4B said:
Nick sounds like a great recomendation.
Thanks Brian. I have a couple of friends running this cam on 112 LSA in their F-bodys...Great camshaft, and Thunder is a great shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts