Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about adding the LE cam-head package to my 04. Anybody regret the decision with regards to everyday commuting? Would you go with a SC instead?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I agree - for reliability and "streetability" I would go with H&C and/or a stroker. For max power a blower. And yes, I have owned/built many of both.

Les

jub jub said:
Lot's of guys here have H/C packages and drive them daily. Doesn't really seem to be much of a problem.

·
21,386 Posts
ZO6/Les said:
I agree - for reliability and "streetability" I would go with H&C and/or a stroker. For max power a blower. And yes, I have owned/built many of both.

Les
Thank God for fuel injection eh Les. Not like the Good Ol Days when you had to tune the big Holley carbs atop of a high rise by looking at the plugs!

I think I'll go and adjust my valves now! :lol:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Jub .. whatever are you talking about .. Holley - isn't that a bush? Carbs - isn't that an Adkin's thing? I am WAY too young to remember any of that stuff - maybe I should watch the History Channel more often. Man, you are OLD. :eek2: :jawdrop: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Les

jub jub said:
Thank God for fuel injection eh Les. Not like the Good Ol Days when you had to tune the big Holley carbs atop of a high rise by looking at the plugs!

I think I'll go and adjust my valves now! :lol:

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Didn't do heads but I've been racking up the miles since I had an aftermarket cam and headers on...

I can't bear the idea of leaving the car in the garage because its so much more fun....

I guess its about 20K miles since the installation and its been really a better daily driver...

Only downside of h/c or cam only install is that at approximately 20K miles...I've been told (considering my mild lift numbers on this cam) I should spend approximately $300 with labor/parts.

I look at the $300 to have the dual valve springs swapped out very inexpensive considering the Ferrari beating performance...

Go for it! Go for the wild Set up! (hindsights 20/20 and I would have gone with a wilder cam than the 224/224 .563 114lsa even for a daily driver now that the pcm is used for emissions testing rather than tailpipe)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I can SO relate. I'd pretty much decided to go with the ATI setup from A&A because it's the most bang for the buck. But then I heard soundclips of an ATI car, and it sounds like what I listen to all day at work. I own a printing business, and when the bindery machinery is all running, it sounds just like that. Then, I hear a heads/cam car, and the sound is so sweet, but you can't get the power like a boosted car. Since I DIY install, the H/C route is a bit cheaper, too, but....
I guess that since I'm not a rich guy, I have to consider the bottom line, while still feeding my hotrod jones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts