Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got done with a cam swap now the low oil level light comes on.checked the oil level on full mark.could my 233/233 choppy cam give a false reading for the light to come on?

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Could be the timing chain gasket or the front seal. Who ever did the install maybe didnt tighten it enough and it may be leaking oil. Go back to where you installed it and let them know ASAP.

Cheers
G

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Z06 Steve said:
I got done with a cam swap now the low oil level light comes on.checked the oil level on full mark.could my 233/233 choppy cam give a false reading for the light to come on?
A bigger cam will generally cause more oil consumption especially with a lot of overlap. I am running a 244/248/114 and eat about a quart every 1,000 miles. If I really run hard, I burn a quart in under 1,000 miles. Make sure you check the oil when the engine is cold and at least every other week if you are driving the car regularly. I run about 20 psi of oil pressure at idle and at operating temp and then another 10 psi per 1,000 rpms... I like to watch both oil temp and oil pressure when I'm on the road. Coolant temp is not as important as either oil pressure or temperature in terms of protecting the heart of the beast...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oil pressure is fine no leaks...like I said the low oil level light comes on this started right after the initial fire up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts