Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing Nelson's vids, I have the fever now to have fun w/ my conecam..

Can anyone point me somewhere that has custom camera mounts for the '01 Z06? I'd really like to get one that mounts behind/between the seats, and also possibly one that mounts near the bottom of the door on the outside, also on the front license plate..

Thanks!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! So if I get the harness bar, camera mount, - then obviously I should also get the harness.. About $600. My wife will love me. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Please also note that Nelsons vid(s) were shot with a good DV cam and it clearly had some stabilization, ie either optical or in the CCD...

JC

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have used several models of Sony's that have (IMC)image motion compensation. None of them were mine, so I cannot give you specific model numbers, but all of them had the IMC. In addition, the newest ones have a Firewire output to go directly into your laptop (highly recommended)so you can send the digital video around to your friends on the forum. In general, smaller and lighter is best for this to minimize vibration, and problems in a crash. I have made custom mounts for alot of different applications, and all of the camcorders use a single 1/4-20 attach screw. Make sure that the camera you get has a metal thread insert for this screw, some are just plastic and are no good for this dynamic application.

·
Registered
105 Posts
best thing to do to get the model I use it ask me /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif... I did not know that talk was going on in here (I do not check every area, every day)

I will try to remember to look at the camera tonight to get the model #, Yes, it is a Sony with the DV output on the Camera, I plug it into my Viao Laptop (also sony - although it should not matter) yes, it is easy (now that I know how to do it I can do it with ease, and am making a good collection for the page I'm working on for this site)

As for the camera mount... I do not use a "hardbar mount" of any sort.. I do have a bar in the back to hold my harness belts, and yes, I also use that bar to mount the camera... BUT - the biggest diffrence I have seen for my setup is the mount, my mount is a standard clamp mount for a still / digital / video camera from your local Wolf Camera or other good quality camera store... I like these for a few reasons, I have FULL adjustments of what / where I would like to film, I can also move it easy from car to car (Full cage in the Camaro, therefore I can place it where I want, up by the window, down by my feet, between the seats etc - takes only one twist to release the clamp and move it around)...

As for the camera mount in other places of the car.. I also would like a camera in the front, and side... or above on the roof looking down / over When I did look into this, it was VERY expensive, and was not a very good product.

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I picked up a Sony PD150 3CCD awhile back, I need to get this going in my setup so you guys can see my white knuckle morning commute /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JC

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not a problem Fellas...

Just don't ask to much when it comes time to convert them to Mpeg, I will do what I can, but it will not be much /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts