Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
that's my z actually..first time at the track with it...don't worry...it'll be spanking that 11 second audi once i get used to launching it....kinda weak posting that vid on here..that'd kinda be like posting a race between a baby learning to walk and some1 who's been running marathons for years.....let's see what happens when i have more than 2 runs under my belt...and how ur gutted/no exhaust race car stands up to my full interior daily driveable vette

·
Registered
624 Posts
disturbed, whats your rwhp/ rwtq?

·
Registered
131 Posts
408/380...i know what the car is capable of ...it belonged to another member of this forum b4 me...it's hard to run 11's when ur pullin 2.0 60 ft's(damm wheel hop)...i think once i get smoother at launchin the car w/o boggin or getting wheel hop..i should be ok

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DisturbedZ06 said:
that's my z actually..first time at the track with it...don't worry...it'll be spanking that 11 second audi once i get used to launching it....kinda weak posting that vid on here..that'd kinda be like posting a race between a baby learning to walk and some1 who's been running marathons for years.....let's see what happens when i have more than 2 runs under my belt...and how ur gutted/no exhaust race car stands up to my full interior daily driveable vette
Race car? I drove the car 200 miles round trip that night to and from the track and got 30+ MPG. Hardly a race car. You're the one who put tires on your car prior to going to the track. Since you lined up against me at the track and had Fasulo video the run in front of a crowd of hundreds, I didn't think you'd give two shits if I posted the video up on the forums. If anything, I thought it would inspire you to practice more and run better times.

·
Registered
131 Posts
your car has 4 drag radials on a 4wd car....and ur gonna bitch bout me putting 2 drag radials on my rwd car???..that was my in car video right??...i asked him to tape all my runs so i can practice and get better...not so you can make some lame ass claim bout beating a z06 and try to make me look bad in the process....i seriously doubt ur open exhaust turbo v6 runnin on 100 octane got 30mpg....usually a car w/ 1 seat,no door panels,no exhaust,and drag tires all around is a race car......

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DisturbedZ06 said:
your car has 4 drag radials on a 4wd car....and ur gonna bitch bout me putting 2 drag radials on my rwd car???..that was my in car video right??...i asked him to tape all my runs so i can practice and get better...not so you can make some lame ass claim bout beating a z06 and try to make me look bad in the process....i seriously doubt ur open exhaust turbo v6 runnin on 100 octane got 30mpg....usually a car w/ 1 seat,no door panels,no exhaust,and drag tires all around is a race car......
No, I am bitching about you calling my car a race car when you're the one who puts tires on just for the track. The way you see my car at the track is the exact way I run it on the street, no? So while you're correct in that it has drag radials, no seats, door panels, or exhaust, that's still how I drive the car on the street, including the 200 mile round trip to and from the track. That makes it a street car, not a race car. BTW, I only had 2 gallons of 100 octane that night; the rest was 94.

I never made any claims or tried to make you look bad. I never even said it was your car in the video. Don't get mad at me cuz you can't drive.

·
Registered
212 Posts
chin up....

Take your beating and use it as inspiration.. the S4 is a quick and very mod-friendly vehicle with little trouble hooking up..

In my opinion, save your complaining about the "calling out" you just received and show up next time ready to roll..

·
Registered
808 Posts
Very interesting to learn the rest of the story. By the way, congrats to both of you but Marc I think it's clear from the number of sites that this video has ended up on what the "intentions" really were.

On that day you beat the admitted "inexperienced" driver, not the car. Would be nice to see a round two, yes??!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Yeah, the intentions were to give people some entertainment, get some attention, and inspire bozo to run better times. I hope you don't think I'm trying to bash the Z06, because it's an awesome car and I actually just sold my TR 03 with H&C and 445whp.

Steve may claim to be an inexperienced driver, but he has hundreds of runs under his belt in a 6spd stroker Camaro.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Funny how the subject of this topic say's "Cammed Z06 vs. Audi S4"......if he was truely posting this without the intention of stirring up trouble it would have said "Cammed Z06 with novice driver and 2 radials vs. Gutted/No Exhaust 100 Octane 4 Drag Radial's Audi S4"....that way it wouldnt look shameful for the Z06 which is obviously what he was tryin to do.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Marc,

Nice Audi and nice et and mph. One of my best friends does a lot of work on audi and vw--mike p at tyrolsport. He has a crazy s 4 at his house that has some huge turbo upgrade etc. Its pretty cool.

Disturbed--Just for the record, my z06 w/ an air filter and long tubes and no cats (388 rwhp/381 rwtq) runs a 12.1 at high 118s on f1s with a 1.9 60 ft consistently. I do have some experience darg racing though. So with an extra 20 hp and tires you should def be somewhere in the 11s and very low 120s.

Rgds,

Rich

·
Registered
131 Posts
hey Marc?..what happened to your z06??..oh wait..that's right..you sold it....and what about your cobra??..wait you sold that too...could it be cause you can't drive a manual/rwd car?..and now you're jumping at the chance to make me look bad in my first time out in my new car and have the nerve to say i can't drive(knowing it'd get under my skin).Kinda childish/shady if you ask me. This will be my last response to this thread in an effort to show some sign of maturity. But YES ...there WILL be a rematch.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Sorry I also have tuning . . .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Before ditching my cats and exhaust, I was putting down ~380whp on a Mustang Dyno. I'd estimate 400whp right now.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.