·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The part everyone is using is 33-2522. However, I think the 33-2011 may be an exact fit. I e-mailed Patrick at Vararam last night to see if they have ever test fit this filter into the unit. Haven't heard back from him yet. I may just go to Advance and buy one, because if it doesn't fit they will allow you to return it. Unfortunately, Advance is about 35 miles from my house to its a pain (two trips up there).

PS: Cheapest place I have found for K&N filters is performanceintl.com

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
vettenuts said:
The part everyone is using is 33-2522. However, I think the 33-2011 may be an exact fit. I e-mailed Patrick at Vararam last night to see if they have ever test fit this filter into the unit. Haven't heard back from him yet. I may just go to Advance and buy one, because if it doesn't fit they will allow you to return it. Unfortunately, Advance is about 35 miles from my house to its a pain (two trips up there).

PS: Cheapest place I have found for K&N filters is performanceintl.com
Let us know if the 33-2011 is a better fit. I see that it cost around 61.00 compared to around 41.00 for the 33-2522 :cheers:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Haven't been able to get my hands on one, but I did e-mail Patrick at Vararam. He stated that they are working on a new filter that will outflow the K&N and out filter it as well. Given that information, I am going to use the current Vararam filter for now and see what the new one looks like when the introduce it. Hopefully it will be soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
vettenuts, thanks for all the info. Be careful with that vararam filter. Check your Tb frequently as I found lots of crap after only 1500 miles. It does not filter! :drunk:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
gorillavet said:
vettenuts, thanks for all the info. Be careful with that vararam filter. Check your Tb frequently as I found lots of crap after only 1500 miles. It does not filter! :drunk:
Having installed around to ten of these units at mod parties (including my own), I have never seen an actual case of a properly oiled or installed filter letting by anything by that could be seen.

I have seen several filters delivered without oil on them and several that were not installed properly that could lead to the condition described above. Good Luck

·
Registered
882 Posts
The 2B comes with thin foam cutouts, one for each side of the K&N filter. I suppose it makes a better seal with the rubber edges of the K&N. I just sprayed one side with aerosol glue and set them in the housings till dried. May want to check with the Vararam folks. ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Patrick recommended that a light spray of TACKY PJ-1 oil would help keep my fears down, but a bare foam filter can't take out much dust. Thankfully, my area isn't as dusty as say Phoenix or Las Vegas for instance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts