Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran my car on a chassis dyno today and I can't believe how rich it was at WOT. I only have a K&N air filter with the stock air box opened up and a throttle body bypass , but at WOT my AFR was as high as 9.8:1! I have a Halltech T1 intake and 30# injectors on the way , so I'm sure that I will need the MAFT. Hell , based on my AFR today , I think I would be able to pick up 15 rwhp with just a MAFT. In case you want to know , my car made 348 hp and 348 ft/lbs at the rear wheels. I'll be sure to let everyone know what kind of numbers it puts up after the intake , injectors and MAFT. Thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
638 Posts
finally broke down and spliced the wires. I did not wan't to wait any longer. It was very easy and took about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The instructions for wiring it in are at <www.teamzr1.com> on one of the forum topics. It's a connect-the-colored-wires deal. Also suggestions for initial settings and tuning with a PCM scanner are there.

I have a MAFT on order. The guy at Ramchargers (who manufacture the MAFT) suggested getting a pair of 3-wire GM-style "Weather Pack" connectors (made by Packard) at the local NAPA store. That way you don't have to solder it in, you can unplug and go back to stock if you need to go to the dealer for something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts