Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as I would be driving to the track and would obviously want some adjustment ability.

Doesn't need to be EVO2 if folks know others that work.
:yeadog:

·
Registered
69 Posts
robiferretti said:
i would reccomend the hardbar mounts, even though pricey very well built and safe
Got my Hardbar mounts today for my new Sparco Evo"L" (new name for the Evo2). Though there is not a provision for a slider, I'm the only driver of the car, so moving the seat around is not a huge priority. The mounts are very substantial pieces of equipment and I feel comfortable that on-track, the seat isn't going anywhere.

Silverbullet - if you want to see the Hardbar stuff, let me know, since I'm just down the road from ya. It won't be installed for about a week or so, after I get back from vacation.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would love to see it in car and sit in it as I am looking at getting same combo.
:thumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
Would love to see it in car and sit in it as I am looking at getting same combo.
:thumb:
I'll let you know when it's installed. Because of biz trips and vacation, it will probably not be until late next week...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I bought the harbar kit, I felt it mounted the seat way to high even at the lowest setting possible, sat in it once and put the stock seat back in.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ag-Z06 said:
I'll let you know when it's installed. Because of biz trips and vacation, it will probably not be until late next week...
Spent the past 3 hours trying to get the seat into the car - not an easy proposition, but I think I have the seat measurement right. It took quite a bit of twisting and pounding just to position it so I could sit in it to see if the distance from the wheel/pedals was right. This is NOT a simple bolt-in job with an EVO'L' (EVO2), and anyone that says it is, is full of $&*!.
Now I can't see how I can possibly get the harnesses installed correctly with the lack of space in there...
This is definitely a weekend project
The install instructions that came with the seat rails are a little out of date and also seem to show parts that were not included in my kit (cross bar between rails where it looks like the 2pt sub straps should go). :(
E-mail to Dennis and Gary already sent, as well as 2 voice mails. Hopefully they will respond quickly....

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not encouraging as I just purchased and have home now a Pro 200o seat. Although it is smaller then EVO2.
Ordered rail setup from PFYC to support a vendor.
I hope it isn't a crazy project.
:(

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
should be fine, i have the evo's no problem i can get the seats in and out in 5 min. Only problem i ran into was it didn't fit well when i tucked the factory seats power wire under the carpet. It threw the set up off jsut enough to make it a PIA

·
Registered
69 Posts
I still don't have everything in the car yet - still trying to get the lap/sub belts positioned properly before getting the seat in. I'm going to try to use the lap/sub belt bar in conjunction with the seat rails, but the bolt holes don't fit over the damned adapter screws. Out comes the Dremel...
This is not easy.
The hardbar harness bar seems to go in OK, though it is still not "flush with the B pillars" as the instructions say it should be. The spacers on the nuts don't want to compress at all, so unless they seat into the bar's recess, the bar bolts won't go any further to drive the bar flush. It seems solid, though, so I'm going to just go with it.
Dennis Bauer did call me back and talk me through some of this, so I'm happy that Hardbar's customer service has gone better. :) I just wish all this stuff fit exactly as the instructions says it does, without modification to the parts or the interior.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
i had Zero problems, hard to imagine there is difficulty here, i mounted the lap belts to the seat rails, sub belt to the floor, and the shoulder belts to the cage.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well - I was able to get the EVO2 in with the Hardbar rails, but it wasn't easy, and I'm still not totally done, as I snapped one of the 4 adapters in half while tightening the 22mm bolts down onto it. I'm assuming that the hexhead bolts need to be inserted down into the inside of the adapters before tightening it down? The instructions are not really clear about how to to use the 22mm lock nuts at all.
I also had to completely remove the driver's side factory seat belts to make enough room at the rear for the rails to fit when attached to the seat. I had the uprights on the outside of the rails, per the instructions for wider seats, and just could not make them squeeze into the rear space with the lower seat belt mechanism and the plastic trim, so I just removed it all. So, no factory belts - I don't drive on the street too much, but 6pt belts are a little cumbersome driving to work. Hard to turn around if I need to...
I can't see how anyone could fit this seat in with the seatbelt mechanism and trim bulging outward from the door sill...
I have the lap belts and sub belts both attached together to a single bolt through the rearmost side rail hole on each side. I hope that works and is safe - don't see why it wouldn't be.

For those of you that used the Hardbar harness bar, does the bar screw up tight enough to be flush with the b-pillar? On mine I've tightened it a helluva lot and I still have the spacer showing between the harness bar ends and the b-pillar.

All in all, this has been a frustrating experience. Once it is all done, I'm sure I will feel great about it, but right now I'm questioning my decision.

·
Registered
69 Posts
robiferretti said:
i had Zero problems, hard to imagine there is difficulty here, i mounted the lap belts to the seat rails, sub belt to the floor, and the shoulder belts to the cage.
Your sig says you have a 2001 coupe. Maybe my 2004 Z06 (FRC) has slightly different dimensions...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts