Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
First off, remember that since the ET Streets don't come any taller than 16", some new rims are required. Also, most off us have had to do a little grinding on the arm and ball joint to keep from scraping on the inside, so keep that in mind.
There is always a danger, I think of damage to the shaft or half shafts if you launch on sticky tires at high RPM's. I suspect that danger is lower on a stock Z as opposed to a highly modded Z, but I wouldn't say there wasn't any risk at all.
Have you considered going the drag radial route? I got real good hookup before my last mods on BFG's and some of the guys like Powershifter and Ranger are getting fantastic 60' times.

:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Like Mike said you will need different rims and grind the ball-joint.

We run ET streets & skinnies on a stock car. We probably have close to 75 passes between the 2 of us with no problems. We also run the most traction impaired tracks in the country though

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
12 Second Momma said:
Like Mike said you will need different rims and grind the ball-joint.

We run ET streets & skinnies on a stock car. We probably have close to 75 passes between the 2 of us with no problems. We also run the most traction impaired tracks in the country though

:cheers:
Well, come on down to Houston sista! We got a track for you.:guiness:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I run ET Streets. I had to do a bit of grinding. The Et Streets hook on a stock car. I think if you go with CCWs you will not have to grind the wheels. They can make you a 16" that won't have a problem. But, I run a C4 Vette wheel. Other run a 16" Firebird/Camaro wheel. Both of those require minor clearancing. I have left @ 6500 on the ET Streets and bogged my car slightly. So they will work on a stcok car. Nothing broken yet...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Originally posted by MikesZ06 so keep that in mind.
There is always a danger, I think of damage to the shaft or half shafts if you launch on sticky tires at high RPM's. but I wouldn't say there wasn't any risk at all.
Have you considered going the drag radial route? I got real good hookup before my last mods on BFG's and some of the guys like Powershifter and Ranger are getting fantastic 60' times.

mike very good pointers , vipereater mike has some good pointers like going with a drag radial they sure do get very good 60 footer times et streets are way more harsh on these shit drivelines we have but obviously something will break when you push it past it's mechanical means like 3500 -4900rpm clutch drops . i would suggest a bfg or nitto 555r drag radial for now there really good on the street for everyday use and when you mod your car more switch over to et streets for even more traction . goodluck with your decision. (just my opinion but what do i know ? ):sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

·
Registered
281 Posts
YES BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO BLOW ANY HALF SHAFTS LOL

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Better to break the half shaft than kill the diff that sometimes takes out the tranny too. Good to have a cheap weak spot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts