Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a lot of people mentioning CAGS in their sig's. Can someone explain what this is?

Are there any "free mods" that can be done to the Z06 similar to the LS1 free mods?

Thanks in advance,

Tommy

·
Registered
298 Posts
Tommy:

Check out the Owner FAQ over to the left

<----------------------

Third paragraph down explains CAGS.

Check out the supporting vendors for the CAGS disabler, it is a must have mod. for $20 bucks. If your handy, there is a link in the top right corner of the Owner FAQ.

Any other questions, try a search through previous posts "Cags" "Cags Defeat" Cags install". Or post it here and we'll gladly help:)

Seeya,

Paul:cheers:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
CAGS = Corvettes Against Going Slow

This device is designed to prevent people from driving like granma by punishing them by forcing the car to an embarrasing, engine bogging 4th gear instead of second. It happens when the offender attempts to shift to second when the RPM's are 2400 or less. Yes, there really are people that do this.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
That is ostensibly, the reason for the CAGS. I think I like the other explanation. Can't shift below 2400! :D

The fix is really easy.

Dan

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have a CAGS defeat sitting in my garage,been there for a few months.Q: can I get to the cags to install the defeat without having the car raised?Can I crawl under the car?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Not a chance, you'll need ramps or a jack. It is way too tight to even stick your arm under there let alone your head. I just went to our local muffler shop, threw him a twenty and walked under the Vette when it was up on the lift.

That is the easiest way, jacking up the back of the car would probably work well too.

Good luck!

Paul

·
Registered
803 Posts
I first encountered CAGS on my '98. I found it anoying and/or dangerous in traffic. Since then I always defeat CAGS.

Another way to get under the car is to use a curb. I back (don't try to go forward up the curb) the left or right side up the curb from my driveway. I put the wheels as close to the curb as possible. With the car at this tilt it allows me to slide under.

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
cags

rhino ramps...
inexpensive and work great..
you can back up on them and access all you need to see..
the 2002 z has a tag on the wiring harness that said ..."shift skip"
and you do the install on that.

if you are doing the radio shack method...i have some transistors i will mail you one for free..
email me your address..
!!!:D :cool: :lol: :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts