Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the differrance between these types of races

SCCA Solo I,
SCCA T1,
NASA
unsanctioned DE events?

Are there any other types besides drag racing?

Thanks in advance
Tony

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I'm curious too.

Alex

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
SCCA T1 = Touring One. This is wheel-to-wheel road racing with no passing restrictions. One and a hlaf steps below professional road racing.

NASA is a grass roots version of SCCA with similar rules, but a much more "relaxed" approach to things. Their events are more like a big SCCA regional race as opposed to a SCCA national race.

DE = Driver Education (or driving events). These are usually run by marque-clubs or companies that are in the business of arranging them at various tracks. Fairly strict passing rules are in force to keep the focus on safety, although so fast laps times are seen at these events. No racing at all (or at least that is what the rules say).

·
Registered
350 Posts
And to go a bit further from what David said, T1 (and really the whole touring group) is absolutely awesome. If you own a vette and really want to find out what it and you can do against other vette drivers (legally and 'reasonably' safely), stick a cage in it and come on out with us and race in T1!!!! There's nothing like it.

The Solo events (I and II) are time trial events and not wheel-to-wheel racing. Solo I is a time trial on the big tracks while Solo II is the parking lot stuff.

Take the vette out of the garage, quit pretending to race on the street (CRAZY!!!!!!) and put the thing on a track where it belongs! :thumb: You will not regret it!

·
Registered
602 Posts
I agree. Put your car on the track. As forum member Kraff once told me, "Once you have been to the track, anything you do on the street pales in comparison and seems simply irresponsible."
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Olitho said:
As forum member Kraff once told me, "Once you have been to the track, anything you do on the street pales in comparison and seems simply irresponsible."
:yeadog: I don't even drive my car on the street anymore and I'm still only at the DE stage.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well I still manage to get my car on the street once in a while because it's just a hoot to drive, but it's mostly just a track machine now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts