Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i decided to check the codes today....being driving the car since yesterday since the weather is so nice. Well the "10 PCM code" come up ...
"P1433 H"
According to the db txt file it says:
P 1433 = Fuel Level Sensor 2 High Voltage -C

What is that suppose to mean other than some voltage is hight. Can someone kindly explain it to me. Should i be worried about this code.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
There are two fuel tanks in your Corvette. The tanks are connected at the top. The driveline runs between them, under the car. It's called a "saddle tank" because it looks kind of like a saddle. The PCM determines fuel level by averaging the readings from the sensors in each tank. It also compares the readings from the two sensors together. If the difference between them is too high, the PCM decides that one of the sensors may be busted, and it sets this code for the higher of the two sensors.

This condition can lead to the dreaded "fuel gauge goes to zero" problem.

Either the sender was stuck but now is free, or you have the never-really-diagnosed-by-GM-so-we-don't-know-why-it-happens sender problem and are probably going to start seeing the gauge problem soon (in which case, your local Dealer service department will know how to fix it).

Clear it and see if it comes back, or if your fuel gauge goes to zero. Either way, it's not anything to worry about very much.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuel guage is working ok. I seem to recall about a month ago when i took the car out of the guarage to warm it up.... on the way back i filled up the tank and it went to zero. I ignored it and kept on driving. Few minutes later, the guage was back to normal (FULL). I think that was then this code was issued. Ohh well, i am enjoying the car... being out all day driving cruising around MD. I see alot of other vette users cruising too...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can i get that from pepboys or autozone? Don't recall seeing anything like that.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Or use Chevron gas with the Techron additive in it. Seemed to work in my 02.

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
You can also buy the Techron additive as a separate item at the auto parts store. It is probably cheaper just using Chevron (I do).

Shell is now touting their V-power (92 octane) gas a having better cleaning agents (seems to be targeted against Chevron). Does anyone have any experience with the new mix of Shell gas?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
BG44K is a stronger fuel system cleaner. I use it about 5 or 6 times a year.

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts