Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi have been hearing so many complaints about the interior of the Z06 being really crappy. I was hoping some of you guys could post some pics and comment on things you are not satisfied with about the interior.

Thanks,

Tommy
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I don't have any complaints. Changing from black to mod red, but very comfortable,good dash layout, I like the gauges. That is all I can tell you. Here is a picture of what mine is going to look like. You be the judge.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Das,

All auto mags must report some downside hench the interior. I have owned several cars and the Z's is no worse or better than most others. My only complaint to all Mfgr's is PLASTIC. I hate it but is is not gowing away JMHO.............

P.s. Theres no better pic than down at the local dealer and cop a squat

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also like the interior of the C5 - the only complaint I have is the few squeaks that develop in colder temperatures.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I felt the material (quality of the plastic) was a little down... They should have left the cupholder out or done something better with it... I use it as a joke for passengers. There is not much space to put much in the way of storage so I can't fault them on the tiny glovebox/armrest container. They were nice enough to put plug in armrest for cellphone recharges. Pretty typical chevy interior.

Like others have said... go sit in one... and doesn't have to be z06. There are very few differences interior wise between the two as far as wheel, door, dash, radio, etc etc... faceplate behind gauges is different material. z06 badges here and there but nothing of import.

They did a real good job with layout of the important stuff and the hud is great. Driving controls (wheel, gas, brake, dead pedal) all good. The alignment of the armrest to stick is dead on perfect for me. They could have done better with the buttons for dic as (from my viewing angle in normal position) is obscured from view. I memorized what order they are in for the main ones I use but would be nice to be able to see the buttons.

Just one of those things. You can look at pics... but it won't do justice to getting into one.

It would have been a little nicer with a few better materials... but who are we kidding! This is THE best car for 50k in terms of performance that can be bought off production. It is only 50k for a reason :) I would prefer the performance to the "luxury".

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
My only gripe is that I would have placed the power window switches further forward so my pinkys would lay on them more naturally and because they are used more than the other arm rest switches.

Pat :roll:

·
Registered
878 Posts
I like the Yellow interior pieces ;)

The only thing I would change is the plastic door handles and the handle that reclines the seat. Feels cheap, if I could find aluminum ones, I'd get them in a second. Other than that, I don't notice the interior much, too busy watching the road go by quickly :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts