Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on a drive back from Ithaca NY last night and the fog on the back roads was terrible, could have used more light down low! Has anyone put fog lights on?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Shawn at LAPD sells 'em.....they go behind the air inlet screens and are mostly hidden. Apparently the screens don't interfer with light output!! That's not THE L.A.P.D., It's Los Angeles Performance Division in Sherman Oaks, CA. They are a member:
http://www.thelapd.com/home.html

HTH,

01ZEE06
Barry

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
We sell the PIAA fogs...1100x's, which are a far superior to any stock configuration from GM. And yes, you can add them to your ride IF you get the appropriate brackets from GM. The way GM does it, I believe, is to sell you the regular, complete, C5 fog kit as the only way to get the brackets.

RAT on the Corvetteforum.com put a set of stock ones on with higher wattage bulbs and they look great on his 2001 Z06. Email him at [email protected] and I bet he'll steer you right.

RG

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
When you figure it out, post the results here for other inquiring minds. Also, post if you hear that putting the lights behind the screens interfeers with their purpose - putting air on the brakes.
I suppose that it will only make a difference for racing.
chris

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wrote a post a while back on the whole fog light install---including the suggestion of using the Camero brackets (yeah, only come with lights).
I have the Euro HID's as well--I think I could use some more output from the PIAA 1100X's.
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have a set of PIAA's 1700X on my Explorer mounted nice and high and let me tell you there it is like driving in the day time...In the past 4 weeks I drove to Rhode Island in similar conditions, once with my Explorer and once with the family van (Only because mom did a good number on the X, about $3000 in damage) and riding with the PIAA's made a world of differance I could see everything from 100's feet away along with everything on the sides on me. And with the van, well lets say I needed high beams almost the entire way, plus I have headlight covers on the X so basically all lighting comes from the PIAA's....

·
Registered
340 Posts
You could probably place 1700's in the lower grill part of the Z, but I am not sure if those are functional or not. Also they can cut away at that grill so that a portion of the PIAA's stick out, but I would advise the cutters to be very careful and cut the piece exact to the size of the PIAA's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts