Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of the Sparco fighter... I was thinking of keeping the stock seatbelt... Just glancing at my car it looks like the seatbelt receiver is connected to the seat.. So if i remove the seat its gone. Is this right? What can I do about this?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've installed Caravaggio race seats, and the connector for the stock belt attaches to them just as on the stock seat. I have race harnesses that I roll up behind the seat, using the stock belt for street driving.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm, ya i see. I'd like to keep the stock seatbelt setup for awhile. Do you think that the bottom seatbelt mount be removed easily? Then I could route it through the bottom hole of the sparco,,, that way it wouldn't have to go over the top of the high seat sides.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
MySR71 said:
The setbelt connector is attached to the seat frame rail. One thing to keep in mind though, is that the high sides of a race seat may not allow the lap belt to lie nicely on your hips. You can see how the belt lies on the Caravaggios (which have a much smaller side than the Evos) in the pics here:

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41276&page=4&pp=15
One thing to keep in mind about Caravaggios seats, they tend to have a great deal of padding in them. This can be a problem if you are tall. I'm 6'4" and when I rode with FiveOJoe in No Mercy my head was bouncing off the ceiling and there is no way I could wear a helment. The race seat tyle Caravaggio that Tony has in his Z06 convert is not nearly as padded and probably would work for me. Just another point to keep in mind. Good Luck

·
Registered
656 Posts
Backlash said:
One thing to keep in mind about Caravaggios seats, they tend to have a great deal of padding in them. This can be a problem if you are tall. I'm 6'4" and when I rode with FiveOJoe in No Mercy my head was bouncing off the ceiling and there is no way I could wear a helment. The race seat tyle Caravaggio that Tony has in his Z06 convert is not nearly as padded and probably would work for me. Just another point to keep in mind. Good Luck
I would like to make a couple of comments about the Caravaggio race style seats. The seat cushions are removable and I am sure John can make you thinner or thicker ones. Headroom with the standard cushions when used with the electric seat tracks can definately be a problem. When autocrossing, I remove both bottom seat cushions. The manual seat tracks appear to be lower.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
If you are installing race seats you should install a harness as well.

I recommend either the Sparco Evo2 or the new Evo3 racing seat

Hardbar and Sparco have seat mounts for the Sparco seat

You will need to install either a Harness bar or Roll Bar to attach the shoulder straps to.

The lap belts will either be needed to be bolted in metal to metal or use clip mounts and a lap belt kit from either Hardbar or Brey Krause

You can use a harness with the stock seats, using the lap belt kit.

You need to use a 6 point harness if retaining the stock seats.

Some sanctioning bodies require you to maintain (but not use) the OEM seat belts, depending on class, if using a harness and/or racing seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts