Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, my 02 Z06 came with some type of paint protectant called "lustersheild". I plan on doing the complete zanio program on the car on Monday. Can I clay bar and use the zanio products with the "lustersheild"?

thanks,
John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
You sure can. Clay the car and then wash it with Dawn liquid detergent and you will be ready for Zaino. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,143 Posts
zo6racerx said:
As the title states, my 02 Z06 came with some type of paint protectant called "lustersheild". I plan on doing the complete zanio program on the car on Monday. Can I clay bar and use the zanio products with the "lustersheild"?

thanks,
John
I'd call Sal Zaino and ask him. His tech support number is 732-833-8800 and they are very good. I suspect it will work well with the Lustershield but call and make sure or just try some Zaino on an inconspicuous area of the car.

:yeadog:

Here is a shot of my "Old Zaino" car. I love Zaino and it's an excellent product but I sincerely feel Adam's premium car care products are superior. At this point, I literally have a garage full of Zaino, Meguiars, Wenol, Zymol, etc....I've won many car care freebies at car shows - along with the trophies - so I use the freebies on my daily driver and my girlfriends SUV. Adam's is the good stuff and I save that for use on Thor, my black 427 Z06.... :usa:

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/photos/felixC5.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Go over it with Zaino Fusion PC and you will be ready for Zaino. Fusion will remove any dealer installed paint protection as well as remove and swirls and scratches leaving your car ready to be Zaino'd. :yeadog:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
ScD,

I too have been a Zaino junkie for our Red G35, Black Ws6 and my Silver Z. I have a special recipie of some meguiars products I use on my Concours winning Black Jade Shelby GT350. With Black paint I know how we search for the ultimate polish. My Meguiars recipie works great for shows earning many best paint awards, but it does not last.

So why do you perfer Adams over Zaino on Thor ?. Do you use an orbital on your black paint?. I have always been afraid of buffers after the final color sanding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Z06Machine said:
ScD,

I too have been a Zaino junkie for our Red G35, Black Ws6 and my Silver Z. I have a special recipie of some meguiars products I use on my Concours winning Black Jade Shelby GT350. With Black paint I know how we search for the ultimate polish. My Meguiars recipie works great for shows earning many best paint awards, but it does not last.

So why do you perfer Adams over Zaino on Thor ?. Do you use an orbital on your black paint?. I have always been afraid of buffers after the final color sanding.
Not sure why you would use Meguiars on your Shelby??? You would be much better off using Adams or Zaino. Right now I am using Zaino on all my black cars, even my show car and they look 1000 times better than when I was using Meguiars. I have see cars with Adams on them at shows and they have looked awesome as well (haven't tried it myself yet). I tried NXT when it first came out after hearing all the hype and have never been more dissapointed with a product in all my life, it only lasted 2 weeks and will stain your trim if you get it on it. :drunk: In my opinion most of Meguiars products are :cen: .

Oh, and I highly recommend using a PC especially on black.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
I did not like the NXT either, guess it will sit on the shelf for 20 years. The Meguiars is a mixture of some of the older Pro series stuff, not your out of the bottle Meguiars. But like I said it does not last. I am happy with it on this car and just don't want to experiment on the Shelby. The car is as close to perfect as you can get with 2,400 hours of my life in the resto. A true trailer Queen with 148 miles on it since 1994.

I did try the new Eagle Nano wax and it works better than the NXT IMO. No stains or powdered residue. Seams to hold up decent on my company car that is not garaged.

If you have some Eagle 1 Wet , mix it with some Meguiars show glaze. 2 parts Wet, 1 part show Glaze. It is deep and rich on Reds and dark colors. It will not last but is deep for a show quality shine that you can buy at the parts store. Show glaze alone is way too hard to work with. This only works sweet for a freshly clayed car and is better than Zaino IMO on a non clear coat finish. Non clear coats are hard to get just right and this works for them. I also have a 1990 red Saleen with low miles that has non clear coat red factory paint. This mix wakes it up big time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,543 Posts
Z06Machine said:
ScD,
So why do you perfer Adams over Zaino on Thor ?. Do you use an orbital on your black paint?. I have always been afraid of buffers after the final color sanding.
I was an avid Zaino user until availability forced me to look for options. I tried NXT and had great results for a week, until I had to do it again. The shine was good...rivaling Zaino.

I used it for a few months before dropping Adam a line and getting some product.....my first once over with the Adam's Polishes kit left me :eek: . DEEP shine, WET looking paint, EASY to use, FAST to apply. Now granted it doesn't last quite as long as Zaino, but I can guarantee that you can do at least 4 or 5 applications of the Adam's Polishes system in the same time it'd take you to do Zaino without the additional accelerator.

I use a rotary buffer at low speed and it works great. Orbitals are safer though. :yeadog:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
EFI-1 said:
I was an avid Zaino user until availability forced me to look for options. I tried NXT and had great results for a week, until I had to do it again. The shine was good...rivaling Zaino.

I used it for a few months before dropping Adam a line and getting some product.....my first once over with the Adam's Polishes kit left me :eek: . DEEP shine, WET looking paint, EASY to use, FAST to apply. Now granted it doesn't last quite as long as Zaino, but I can guarantee that you can do at least 4 or 5 applications of the Adam's Polishes system in the same time it'd take you to do Zaino without the additional accelerator.

I use a rotary buffer at low speed and it works great. Orbitals are safer though. :yeadog:
Your car does look awesome. It should not take you any longer using Zaino than it does with Adams or any other polish for that matter. Takes me 30 minutes to Zaino my vette. The prep work is what takes time and that should be done first time no matter what product you use. I usually Zaino by hand and don't think an orbital or rotary would save me any time.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top