Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

Had a chance this morning to go to the start of the Cannonball One Lap of America. The weather cooperated, and it was a great morning. Saw a lot of nice Vettes as well as many other cars. The participants started today at TireRack in South Bend, Ind. with wet skid pad runs. They will continue on to Indy Raceway Park this afternoon, then on to Beaver Dam, Lancaster Speedway, New Hampshire International Speedway, Summit Point, Mason Dixon Dragway, Virginia International Speedway, Roebling Road, Nelson Ledges, and back to TireRack next Saturday for the dry skid pad. If you are in any of those areas, you might want to check with the tracks to see when they will be there.

Got to meet Brock Yates and had him sign a copy of his book Cannonball. Very nice guy.

Below are a few pictures from this morning.

Tim:)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Great Pictures :z: :z:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Awesome pics, Tim! :ity: You've come a long way since you picked your Z up in Wisconsin. Hope you got some stickers and decals for your ride! :eek:

Bob :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
Wow, nice pics! Love the black Vette with the wing -- going have to go shopping at JC Whitney for another mod. :sneaky:

·
Registered
140 Posts
following the race

I am meeting up with the race at VIR on Wednesday morning and following through the finish. I have friends driving the #6 and #10 Acura NSX-R SSGT1 SB cars. I will be wearing ZO6Vette.com apparel the whole time and typically wear Oakley Square Wire 2.0 sunglasses either blue or orange. If you spot me stop and say hi if anybody from the forum is at any of the tracks. Steve. :coo:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks for the pics. That sounds like a great time. Looks like I missed it again....sigh...maybe someday....

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Great Pics! Thanks for sharing! :thumb: :coo: :thumb:

·
Banned
809 Posts
reproman said:
Wow, nice pics! Love the black Vette with the wing -- going have to go shopping at JC Whitney for another mod. :sneaky:
I highly doubt that he bought that wing at JC Whitney. Believe it or not, wings actually help with downforce when used properly on a race car.

The nice thing about the decals is that you can sell ad space on your car to fuel your passion and when the race is over, the decals come right off.

Sal

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Great pics. I met up with them last year at PPIR, and it was a blast. I highly recommend it to anyone that can go. In fact, it was so cool, I was going to run it this year in my SHO, but since it went to the crushers I am sitting at home.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
jub jub said:
Was that our good friend Bob in the bottom picture?

Great pics. Thanks for sharing! :thumb:
Jub, sure wish that was me in the lead black Z! Love the wheels, but too many stickers for my taste. :lol:

Bob :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Funny how a pickup truck is in the number 1 spot right now. beating out a 996 TT all wheel drive car, a Corvette and a hennessy Viper. :)

BTW, the driver of that Pickup truck won the overall One Lap of America in a MTI prepaired 2002 Z06 in 2003.

http://www.onelapofamerica.com

Joe

·
Registered
654 Posts
pharmacy said:
I am meeting up with the race at VIR on Wednesday morning and following through the finish. I have friends driving the #6 and #10 Acura NSX-R SSGT1 SB cars. I will be wearing ZO6Vette.com apparel the whole time and typically wear Oakley Square Wire 2.0 sunglasses either blue or orange. If you spot me stop and say hi if anybody from the forum is at any of the tracks. Steve. :coo:
My brother Jon is in the NSX which is in 9th overall and first in its class SSGT1 SB the #6 car. :z:

9 6 Acura NSX-R SSGT1 SB 3170
Mchael Fitzpatrick, Jon York

Do you know Jon ?

Go get em bro. :thumb:

He'll probably give me a call tonight.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts