Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so let me give you the lowdown and I'd like your feedback.

I don't daily drive my Z but I drive a lot. I like the power but I"m starting to get used to it now. All I have is an intake and shortshifter for real mods right now.

I know I will add long tube headers and a tune next summer but I can't decide if I should get a pulley and cam installed at that time or save up for the following summer and go the supercharger route.

I want something that I can drive without fighting it but I ALSO my buddy just picked up a heavily modified high 10 secound mustang and while different animals it does cause some shrinkage knowing we would destroy me in a straightline. : )

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Take inventory of what you really want out of your driving experience and then follow that. For instance:
- do you drag race?
- like to corner real fast
- need ultimate braking?
- drive on bad roads?
- drive in bad winter weather (high HP is a pain in the snow .. at least I think it would be but I'm in Florida)
- like the Bling factor (chrome wheels, paint, etc)?
- like lots of exhaust noise?
- have a beater to drive?
- afford to "pay to play" (mods, tires, brake pads)

There is always someone who is faster out there and being the fastest in a straight line only counts for so much. The Z06 is an all around great sports cars and should be handled as such (my opinion). All around good road handling coupled with in traffic drivability go a long way to the enjoyment of your Z.

Later ... Larry S.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I've never been a big fan of the supercharger route, it is less practical than the Heads/cam route. Just my .02. You can make much bigger numbers going the FI route though...It will just cost more and have more bugs along the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts