Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt see anything down for Sunday test and tune so I'll go tomorrow night :jammin: anyone planning on going as well?

I wanna try my vararam, although the cars running rich!

·
Registered
11 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
I didnt see anything down for Sunday test and tune so I'll go tomorrow night :jammin: anyone planning on going as well?

I wanna try my vararam, although the cars running rich!

Hey man, I was up there tonight and saw your car run. Too bad the lights were all messed up on the tower and ET's weren't showing up, how did it run? I'm from College Park but don't have a Z yet, I just sold my black 01 Lightning. Hopefully by mid-summer I can have something to play around with too:thumb:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stricknn said:
Hey man, I was up there tonight and saw your car run. Too bad the lights were all messed up on the tower and ET's weren't showing up, how did it run? I'm from College Park but don't have a Z yet, I just sold my black 01 Lightning. Hopefully by mid-summer I can have something to play around with too:thumb:

I ran OK, considering , I went 12.11 @ 117, Considering I was running really rich, and I never ran 117 at Capitol, My best was at cecil (11.97 @ 117), that was stock, with the vararam Im running rich, but when I got home I noticed how good the vararam works, I was going though the 1/8 at 90mph, while before I would go into 93-94mph everytime, so that show I lost power going rich, but then I would catch up to 117mph til the end, showing that the vararam is working as well, so its a lose win situation, also I couldnt get as good 60ft as when I ran the 11.90s...

But the best thing of all is that nothing broke yet, thats what I think having a great night is :thumb:

Did you run your lightning? I saw a few there :coo:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually I sold my lightning in late Feb:( My best pass at Capital was a [email protected] (the truck had a few goodies on it:D ) I like Capital for its location, but nothing can top the tracks like Cecil and MIR. My truck ran 2 tenths better at Cecil! I saw your run from the staging lanes but could never find ya after that. PM me next time you head up there, I'd love to check out that beast sometime:thumb:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stricknn said:
Actually I sold my lightning in late Feb:( My best pass at Capital was a [email protected] (the truck had a few goodies on it:D ) I like Capital for its location, but nothing can top the tracks like Cecil and MIR. My truck ran 2 tenths better at Cecil! I saw your run from the staging lanes but could never find ya after that. PM me next time you head up there, I'd love to check out that beast sometime:thumb:
I sent you a pm! Thats the truth about Capitol, Its 5 minutes from my house and thats the only thing good about it...

when I had my 2000 mustang GT I ran 13.85 at capitol, I hit up 75/80 with one pass and hit 13.80 @100mph, which was just a few hundreds but it showed how much better it was, with a couple more passes that day I would of hit 13.70s with a bone stock mustang, I hit 13.6 with it on DRs at Capitol but IM sure if I hit another track 13.50s with no problem...

same thing with the Z06, I ran 12.20s stock except the Drs at capitol then took it to Cecil on the second pass 11.90s :jammin: ...

I guess when I get a car to dedicade strickly to drag racing, Capitol will be a awesome place to practice and then brake personal records on other tracks, but thats if you arrive for the early runs, when it gets packed it takes hours for one run :screwy: , what is up with that? why does capitol stop for every couple of runs because they think something is at the end of the track and really isnt? I guess they're being on the safe side, but why not keep somebody at the end of the track like all other tracks do? they need better organization there, :puke:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stricknn said:

[email protected]!!Y $hi!, :jawdrop: I just notice your run, 12.20 is a beast, but 113mph !on a pick up truck !!?? :jawdrop: is amazing I assuming those few Goodies!! you talk about :sneaky: are a bit more then a few goodies :D

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Ran my [email protected] at capital. Starter pulled me over before the timing tower and told me to pop the hood and trunk. Asked me if I was spraying. I said no. He said I need to keep it at 12.0 or get a roll bar. The next run was against Ranger. We were dead even through 3rd gear...then he hit 4th and walked me. He had a halltech intake and bfg Dr's. I had intake/headers/shaner TB/hurst shifter/ LS1edit with 381 rwhp. John had his dyno'd and it pulled 367rwhp.
He ran a 11.8X. I ran a 12.01. I still don't know how he did it, but he did the same to Steve Row at MIR. Both had intakes and DR's. Steve has a hurst. John is stock shifter. Steve had John beat at the lights. John beat Steve. Ran a 11.7X to Steve's 11.8X. John is one of the most dedicated and amazing drag racers I have ever seen!
A few of us have speculated that John runs with a thimble full of gas, 1/2qt. of oil, one lug nut per wheel and no carpets to be able to run as fast as he does! :p :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MSiska said:
Ran my [email protected] at capital. Starter pulled me over before the timing tower and told me to pop the hood and trunk. Asked me if I was spraying. I said no. He said I need to keep it at 12.0 or get a roll bar. The next run was against Ranger. We were dead even through 3rd gear...then he hit 4th and walked me. He had a halltech intake and bfg Dr's. I had intake/headers/shaner TB/hurst shifter/ LS1edit with 381 rwhp. John had his dyno'd and it pulled 367rwhp.
He ran a 11.8X. I ran a 12.01. I still don't know how he did it, but he did the same to Steve Row at MIR. Both had intakes and DR's. Steve has a hurst. John is stock shifter. Steve had John beat at the lights. John beat Steve. Ran a 11.7X to Steve's 11.8X. John is one of the most dedicated and amazing drag racers I have ever seen!
A few of us have speculated that John runs with a thimble full of gas, 1/2qt. of oil, one lug nut per wheel and no carpets to be able to run as fast as he does! :p :lol: :lol:
Im assuming Ranger's real name is John?

If Im thinking who it is that I meat the last days of track last year he sprung out of the lights and ran an 11.88, he told me he had the cold air, DRs, and I believe headers but not sure!

Great stories, now capitol will let you run all the way down to 11.50s before telling you that you need a roll cage! so get back out there so I can learn a few things more from you guys :yeadog:

·
Registered
11 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
[email protected]!!Y $hi!, :jawdrop: I just notice your run, 12.20 is a beast, but 113mph !on a pick up truck !!?? :jawdrop: is amazing I assuming those few Goodies!! you talk about :sneaky: are a bit more then a few goodies :D
"few goodies" meaning a built motor:D My truck dyno'd at 468/556tq with my stock supercharger. This season the new owner is slapping a Kenne Bell on there and should be about 600rwhp and low low 11's :sneaky: I'll probably be up at Capital Friday, but as a spectator :cry: I gotta fix this itch for speed again soon.
BTW, clean out your PM box:thumb:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stricknn said:
"few goodies" meaning a built motor:D My truck dyno'd at 468/556tq with my stock supercharger. This season the new owner is slapping a Kenne Bell on there and should be about 600rwhp and low low 11's :sneaky: I'll probably be up at Capital Friday, but as a spectator :cry: I gotta fix this itch for speed again soon.
BTW, clean out your PM box:thumb:

Got it clean now, I was trying to have my few moments of fame

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Guy's, come on up Sunday the 24th 11am special Vette, Viper, Camero, Mustang day..

Ernie

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
I'll be there, do they start running at 11am or just open the gates?
Hey Luis,

There is a flyer on it at the Corvette Club of America's News letter. I am a member of the CCA. I will try to contact John AKA Ranger to see if he is going also. Take care, Don

1 - 20 of 25 Posts