Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week, two thugs tried to break into my car when I was out of town. They didn't get in and (fortunately) did minimal damage. Is the factory alarm good enough? Something must have scared them away. If not what is recommended? It's at the body shop right now but I want to be ready when it comes out next week. :(

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The factory alarm is fine as far as disabling goes, but I'm not sure how much of a deterrent it is for looky loos.

One of the best systems I've seen was in a BMW MZ roadster. The owner left his car parked at the marina with the top down. I thought he was crazy until I approached the car. As I got within 3 feet, the car started to "tick" like a gieger counter. As I got closer, it got even louder. This was enough to make me pause for a moment of admiration and then leave.

I believe this is a proximity relay based alarm system. Perhaps other members can shed more light on this setup.

Jacob

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
never had a car alarm so I don't know what to recomend. Did you try something like lo-Jack?? Good luck :cheers:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Jayzvette said:
never had a car alarm so I don't know what to recomend. Did you try something like lo-Jack?? Good luck :cheers:
Only problem with Lo-Jack(right now) is that there coverage is REAL spotty.....They aren't even up and running in the Seattle Metro area:mad: :mad:

Then again we are kinda out in da woods:yeadog: :yeadog:

:cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts