Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I drove the vette from my BAR class to the gym yesterday at around 330. I left the gym and got on the highway around 430. I am doing 40 in the merging lane and the car starts to sputter, not like it is running out of gas (3/4 tank) but like somone plugged an exhaust pipe. I meeadilty pull over and the check engine light comes on and she dies. I go to star her again and she wont turn over. I have my GF jump out and put her hands by the exhaust pipe, and i turn the key, give it some gas and it starts, but it sputters. She says there is exhaust coming out of both sides, and EVERYTHING REAKS of fuel. I give her 10 minutes try to start it again, NO DICE.

I towed her in and my mechanic (I WILL NOT GO TO MY DEALER) will be back tuesday. There are no fluids leaking, under the hood APPEARED to be fine, and there is no evidence of somone tampering with my gas cap.

Any thoughts on what it might be

·
Registered
51 Posts
Vacuum leaks may cause you to run very rich -hence the smell of petro; bad ones will also make it run terrible (sputter, hesitate, no power, unable to rev out) and hard to start.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Let us know what you find. I hope is something simple and cheap. We could tell more if you would have read the codes.

IPC Display and DTC Codes, a powerful device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The IPC display, the 20-character, vacuum florescent screen above the steering column that says "Corvette by Chevrolet" every time you turn on the key is a powerful device.

DIY Service Techs are going to be most interested in the LPG’s ability to show diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) for all the modules that transmit them.

The "diagnostic display" mode is entered with the following Procedure: Page 8-500

1) Turn on the ignition but don't start the engine.
2) Press the "reset" button to turn off any warning messages
3) Press and hold "options" and
4) While holding "options", press "fuel" four times within a 10-Second period.

:z:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Polar BEar ("PB") drove his vette from a BAR class to the gym yesterday at around 330. PB left the gym and got on the highway around 430. PB was doing 40 in the merging lane and the car starts to sputter, not like it is running out of gas (3/4 tank) but like somone plugged an exhaust pipe. PB meeadilty pull over and the check engine light comes on and she dies. PB went to start her again and she wont turn over. PB had his GF jump out and put her hands by the exhaust pipe, and i turn the key, give it some gas and it starts, but it sputters. She says there is exhaust coming out of both sides, and EVERYTHING REAKS of fuel. I give her 10 minutes try to start it again, NO DICE.

PB towed her in and my mechanic (I WILL NOT GO TO MY DEALER) will be back tuesday. There are no fluids leaking, under the hood APPEARED to be fine, and there is no evidence of somone tampering with my gas cap.

What cause(s) of action does Polar BEar have:

(a) breach of contract against GM, but not the dealer

(b) breach of warranty agaisnt GM and the dealer

(c) intentional infliction of emotional distress against his girlfriend, the BAR class, and the mechanic just for the hell of it

(d) b and C

(e) none of the above

Good luck on your bar exam and I hope you get your car sorted out.

Rgds,

RAB

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had same basic symptoms and GM had to replace my engine and catalytic converter around 12000 miles. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I had similar issues. Not quite as bad, but almost.

Was into the throttle in 2nd gear, about 5500rpm the engine went flat.

Started missing really bad, no power shaking. Fuel stench out the back.

Turns out it was a dead fuel injector, the damn thing stuck open.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Richard Branca said:
Polar BEar ("PB") drove his vette from a BAR class to the gym yesterday at around 330. PB left the gym and got on the highway around 430. PB was doing 40 in the merging lane and the car starts to sputter, not like it is running out of gas (3/4 tank) but like somone plugged an exhaust pipe. PB meeadilty pull over and the check engine light comes on and she dies. PB went to start her again and she wont turn over. PB had his GF jump out and put her hands by the exhaust pipe, and i turn the key, give it some gas and it starts, but it sputters. She says there is exhaust coming out of both sides, and EVERYTHING REAKS of fuel. I give her 10 minutes try to start it again, NO DICE.

PB towed her in and my mechanic (I WILL NOT GO TO MY DEALER) will be back tuesday. There are no fluids leaking, under the hood APPEARED to be fine, and there is no evidence of somone tampering with my gas cap.

What cause(s) of action does Polar BEar have:

(a) breach of contract against GM, but not the dealer

(b) breach of warranty agaisnt GM and the dealer

(c) intentional infliction of emotional distress against his girlfriend, the BAR class, and the mechanic just for the hell of it

(d) b and C

(e) none of the above

Good luck on your bar exam and I hope you get your car sorted out.

Rgds,

RAB

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

want to coach me on the MBE

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I say 02 sensor unplugged or bad or burnt wire ! If one is bad or unplugged it will run rich on the 4 cylinders !

Rob

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IT L GO said:
Let us know what you find. I hope is something simple and cheap. We could tell more if you would have read the codes.

IPC Display and DTC Codes, a powerful device.

:z:

I got a lot of codes here they are

P 0300HC
U 1096 H
B 0361 H C
B 2252 H
B 2282 H
B 2289 H
1064 H
1096 H
B 2283
B 2285
U 1000 H

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Code 300 is a misfire code
B0361 Left Actuator Feedback short to GND
B2283 Battery #1 Fault DCM-RIGHT
IMO You have a bad ground or Module problems.
Check the obvious, loose battery terminal
All the b codes have to do with voltage high or low :cheers:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They battery is the stock one that came with the car

It did die over a month ago casue i left parking lights on

I got it jumpped and it ran fine except my Service colum lock was coming on

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
get a new battery.. optima red top..
keep a jumper on the cables when changing ..so that a little charge will go to the computer..
you will have the column lock issue now.
install new battery..
clear all codes..
under passenger floor board... pull fuse number 25 27 and 29 ..

wait 2 minutes..

reinstall..
you should be ok then..

get the column lock bypass kit.. i installed mine in 30 min, sunday..

no more worries..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts