Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI guys
Take a look at the current edition of Car & Driver.
They are all ecstatic about the new SLK55.
In the duration of the article they keep on highlighting how the new benz gives the vette roadster a run for the money.
They end the article by writing the following:
"Most passerby were awed by the AMG , wondering "how much does that cost, $150,000? Hmmm, A Corvette never produced a similar effect...
Why don't they write that passerby are at times temporarily blinded by that shiny cracked bowling ball bald head of Csaba Csere that the only way to make it un shine is by having a friendly crow drop on it - its fancy meal that it consumed at a local KFC dumpster. (And by the way - what kind of a name is Csaba Csere - sounds like he is from the movie Troy)
Now lest not forget a few integrals...
When the new Z51 was compared to the new 911 - the Z51 spanked the 911 - but Car & Driver found excuses to bail the 911 out of the beating with most utter respect - eventhough the 911 is a few thousands over the C6.
However - when the Benz which costs about 14K more - base price trim!!! than a vette - the Benz is the fresh guru - and the vette has no respect. Why don't they write that the C5Z will spank the benz ? They should have wrote that the Benz is faster than the C6 that spanks the more expensive 911.
(And why don't they tell the reader that the vette delivers ample performance for a bargain price?)
Its the same epic every time @ C & D. We just dont get any respect and it makes me want to write them a "spicy" letter and cancell my subsricption.
By the way - when ever I drag a car that is in the Vette territory according to C & D I always rip it a new one - I Wonder why..
Hold on - got a few more "bitchin:" to release -
At the end of the article - an intern at Lipton iced tea by the name of "Andre Idzikowski" (is he legal? ) makes the following comment -- The benz is miles ahead (ahead of the Vette)when it comes down to every day driving - while they mentioned several times in the article that the Benz drives like crap over Mich roads...
David

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
vettewarehouse said:
By the way - when ever I drag a car that is in the Vette territory according to C & D I always rip it a new one - I Wonder why...
David
Because most of that German stuff is ridiculously overrrated. Porsches especially are hideous pieces of garbage IMO. I wouldn't have one, and I fail to understand what C&D always sees in them.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I think the whole concept of comparing cars,especially the way C&R does it,very ignorant and insulting.If you take any car,you will always be able to find a car that is better in some way.The practice of belittling a car or focusing on it's downpoints is bad advertizing,for car companies and unless you are paid by one of those companies to bad mouth a competitor,I can't see why C&R would do it.Considering the risks they take,by slandering cars,they must have been paid by Mercedes to do it.It seams stupid that they would knowingly alienate an entire genre of thier viewers by belittling the Corvette.They should limit thier comparisons to comparable priced passenger cars and trucks and leave the sports car market alone.

·
Registered
875 Posts
vettewarehouse said:
(And by the way - what kind of a name is Csaba Csere - sounds like he is from the movie Troy)
David, don't they teach youse guyz nuttin in Crooklyn? :D

Csaba Csere is of Hungarian descent IIRC.

Would be pronounced Chooba Cheera, where the "r" almost
sounds like a "d".

Cs = Ch.

the "a" after Cs is like a long o.

Jo' napot (Good Day) :cheers:

Jim (with not a drop of Hungarian blood, but many good plates
of goulash and paprikash in his belly!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts