Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the car made it here on Friday - 'course I was too busy driving it to post at that time.

Was able to drive it on Saturday as well, then put it up. Mother Nature dumped about 4-5" of the white stuff on us Saturday night, so now she gets to sleep in the garage for 4-5 months.

Immediate impressions :

Well, with only 112 miles on the car -

Wow - pickup is great - much, much more than my '98

Breaks - holy cow! Just touch 'em and you're stopping! I expected the break dust, hopefully settles down a little after a few hundred more miles.

FRC styling - superb!! This is the first one I've been able to really stand back and take a look at - I thought that I liked the coupe styling better, but the more I look at it the more I think the FRC is the way to go.

Changes from my '98 :

Noticed several things about the fit and finish that were much improved over my '98.

Steering - more responsive. Tighter turning radius.
Engine - no need to say anything but 405 horsies!!!
Brakes - great great great
Electrochromatic mirrors - great - wished I had these in the coupe. Slight green tint doesn't bother me at all.
Shifter - seems "tighter" - don't know if this is the newness of it, but it seems much more solid than on the old car
Clutch - lighter feel to it, though the old one didn't bug me at all
Exhaust - LOVE the exhaust note!! That's the way the car should sound!!! The big pipes on the back look great too...
Wheels - great looking pieces 'o metal. Really stand out.
Paint - no problems with paint (Millenium Yellow).

Mods :

Put on the CAGS and performance hood seal. I have a tech tip for the CAGS with lots 'o pictures, but don't know where to host them, or add the tip for that matter.

That's about it for now. I'll add more .....

Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Congrats Brian. Nice picture. You should be able to put several coats of Zaino on that beast in four or five months.

Pat :cheers:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rick - thanks!! That yellow is bright - wasn't quite prepared for it, but wow - gets your attention!!

Mufflerbearing - I wish!! It's way to cold (30's) here for waxing. Hmmm guess I'll just have to get a new heated garage!!!

Newme - QS is an awesome color. My coupe was Sebring silver, and I loved it. I just decided I'd go from a classic look to a burn your retinas out look!!!

Thanks for the comments everyone - guess I'll have to go out and look at it again (amazed that I finally have it).

Brian

:cheers:

·
Registered
30 Posts
car here

Just reading about your enthusiasm for your new ZEE, reminds me of my first couple of days, this summer when I took delivery of my yellow rocket.

I used to set up a lawn chair on the driveway, and admire its smooth flowing body until the neighbours started looking curiously at me.

Now I do it behind closed garage doors, and nobody can catch me just loving it (the car).

I too am just waiting for the first Canadian snow fall to garage the beast. But after thinking about, I decided to take off 3 winter months, and go to Phoenix, and ship the car down, so I can still get my thrills and have new neighbours wondering about that crazy Canadian, still drooling over his Vet. Still in love after a 6 month affair. You all understand, don't you?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Brian,
Totally different car. Amazing isn't it. I came from a Z51, MN6, 2001 Coupe and the differences are amazing. I honestly didn't think it would be that big of a change.

Louder but better
Less Road noise (tires)
Brakes
Lighter feel

Are just some of the things I noticed right off.

Congrates on that Z!

- JeffMc

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
bjackson said:
I expected the break dust, hopefully settles down a little after a few hundred more miles.

Brian
1200 miles, no change on mine:(

Congratulations:cheers:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Great color choice! :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
bjackson said:
Breaks - holy cow! Just touch 'em and you're stopping! I expected the break dust, hopefully settles down a little after a few hundred more miles.
4000+ miles on my '02. Brake carbon dust still flying like you say. Drive 20 miles and the front wheels need cleaning.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Now that's ....

....the kinda parking lot I like!!!! Not another sole around!!!!

FoR parking and AutoXing!!!

Oh Yeah..... GREAT LOOKING CAR!!!!!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I used to set up a lawn chair on the driveway, and admire its smooth flowing body until the neighbours started looking curiously at me.
:cheers:

Yep, it's that good!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again!!

Roger Ramjet, fyrcaptain - Good to know about the dust - guess I'll just have to clean it more often (like that's a bad thing)...

DJWorm - The parking lot was at a local business near the airport on a Saturday - no one around. That's the only place it parked besides my garage!!!

DanA_F99_1977 - will keep an eye out for you in the spring. Do you go to the annual Corvette show at the Budweiser plant in Merrimack? Good times, lot's 'o Corvettes...

Jerry - Thanks - I love it!!! Much different than the Sebring Silver I had on the coupe, which I also like, but I was ready for a change!

JeffMC, Zed06 - Thanks!

Brian

·
Registered
765 Posts
Congrats on the new ride:cheers: ENJOY!

I dunno about the color though...."what is you, queer or sumtin?" (not that there's anything wrong with that):D

Before ya'll jump all over me for saying that - here's a pic of my ride:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts