Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my car back from the body shop today. 28 total days to fix:eek: 20 to fix the first damage, and 8 to fix the body shop damage. I now have a repainted front end from windshield forward and a repainted rear 1/4 panel:roll: I arrive this morning to pick the car up and discover that the 1/4 panel had not been buffed. Rub marks on the front drivers fender. Masking tape mark accross the whole nose piece. And some crincle looking marks on the passenger fender where there was a slight amount of damage repaired. I tell them the car looks like crap, their excuse is that they did the detail work in the sunlight and now the car was parked in the shade. What kind of crap is this:mad: The damn car looked like I had let a 3 year old detail it. So they start buffing and polishing the whole car again:roll: They were real appoligetic. By now I'm realizing that I will have to take another half day off of work because of this incompetent body shop. This makes a grand total of 10 hours of vacation taken to get this car fixed.

So while I'm waiting for the car to be buffed I go to talk to the general manager to see if they are going to do anything or just send me on my way. Well they dicided to just send me on my way. All I got for my troubles was a written gaurantee for the body work and paint, and some accessories for my truck at their dealer cost. They would not even budge off of sticker for a new Z, because I was not a repeat customer. Well guess what ELCO, I will never be stepping foot on your lot again.

Now it is time to go get my car. I will say that they got all of the marks and blemeshes out of the paint and it finally looked like it did before I brought it to them, it just took 3 attempts.

Here is the topper of the day. I'm waiting about 20 minutes for this guy to detail the car. I'm watching him and looking up at the clouds and you guessed it 5 minutes after I drive off the lot, drip, drip, down poor.

JC, Frank as far as I'm concerned you can :puke: on ELCO Chevorlet in Ballwin Missouri. In my mind it will be a great day when I look over <------- an see that they are gone. I have decided to do what ever I can to get this story out there. Hopefully ELCO will be having a few less repeat customers to give discounts too. It just pisses me off that they kept telling me that they are the best Corvette dealer in St. Louis and then they treat me like this. I will never, ever buy a damn thing from them.

Wow, this was kind of long:D PEACE

·
Registered
0 Posts
kevslionel said:
JC, Frank as far as I'm concerned you can :puke: on ELCO Chevorlet in Ballwin Missouri. In my mind it will be a great day when I look over <------- an see that they are gone.
Kevin,

Your wish has been granted...we dumped ELCO last night. :flaming:

As far as only taking care of repeat customers, that is also :bs: I've bought 7 new Vettes from them and they never gave me any great deals. Sherylann is pissed at them also!! She tried to get her Vette in for a concern, and they were very rude and said they would get to it when they could. :flaming:

Looks like I will be buying my next Z's from a supporting vendor!! :cool:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sorry to hear about it, Kevin. Glad you got it back..

When I was reading this latest account, I had to scroll down and check the date. For a second I was hoping that I was just re-reading one of your other "I went to get it, it wasn't right, they still have it" tales :(

And I can't believe they wouldn't even cut you some slack off of sticker on a new Z06 after what you've been through.

Frank and JC.. You booted ELCO!? Way to go!! It is always refreshing to see integrity!

Vendors who can't treat people right have no place here. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
This crap

Is EXACTLY why, i think GM needs to break off the Vette's from the dealers that treat 50K repeat customers like a 1st time Cavalier buyer......
They are as dumb as a rock...........
Every dealership I go into treats you as if you had a 3rd grade Edjumacation, and you can't afford toilet paper.......
There has got to be MORE.......got to be............
If, GM did this, they would attract a higher class of buyer, and would gain a loyal following unmatched by anyone.........
Face it, folks that pay big $$$$$ for an auto, have a right TO SUPERIOR service.........
BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, and the Lexus, Acura folks have it down pat.......:roll:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Is EXACTLY why, i think GM needs to break off the Vette's from the dealers that treat 50K repeat customers like a 1st time Cavalier buyer......

Hell ya
:guiness: :guiness:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Hi Kev!

Glad you got your car back finally. :lol:

I'm really sorry Elco dumped on you like that. And I'm really sorry that they have treated you badly. I guess I feel like a doof. I put a glowing report in the customer experience section after i signed on here. They treated me pretty well when I bought my 99. I can only assume that they have a real problem with follow up.

On the other hand... Even a Vette isn't fast enough to avoid down pours!:roll:

·
Registered
15 Posts
ELCO

:sneaky: Funny thing is I was going to buy a Z06 from them until I read this crap. What a unprofessional thing to do. If they had any idea of customer service they would realize most Vette owners come back several times.

I am moving on....

Rich

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
There's a new order to the ways of doing business, and the buffoons that run dealerships and the domestic automobile industry clearly just do not get it. Is it any wonder that the market share they "earn" continues to dwindle each and every year? It used to be said that every dissatisfied customer will tell 10 friends and associates of their experience. The internet has rendered that point not obsolete, but magnified.

I tried 3 different times to buy a Z06 from the same dealer that I had done business with for nearly 10 years. My previous business did not sway them. The crowning blow was when I learned that the car I was interested in had been sold for less in an internet transaction to an out of state buyer! That's when I decided to take my business elsewhere.

Glad you have your car back and i hope this doesn't diminish your enjoyment of it too much!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Another anecdote..........

This time from MY company.......bear with me........

A customer came in, retired from 3M, after 32 yrs as an Engineer.
Wanted to go into an aeration septic installation buiness.
I gave him a walk around, of the Backhoe I thought would serve him best..

He balked, and to make a long story short........he bought a unit that I recommended he NOT.

Less power, less hydraulic capacity, etc.......BUT, only $1,500.00 LESS $$$$$.

Less than 90 days go by, guy calls, and says "His machine is blowing seals!!!!".

We send ME out, to take a look see......then a mech, was dispatched even before I got to the site.

Seems the top seal on the cylinder was blown( overload)......
We replace seal, and charge him nada.

Not 48 hours go by, and He calls me again.....SAME problem.
He is lifting 30% MORE weight than the unit's max.

Well, he's HOT........I explain the problem, and he's not buying......
I tell my Gen Mgr, the entire story, what was recommended he buy, what he bought, and basically the whole problem was all his fault.

We decide, to GIVE him a brand NEW machine( at a $10,000 loss) to our dealership..........

Just for the above reason, he is wrong, he is abusing, he has bought the wrong piece of equip..........doesn't matter......

IF, we do no more, HE will tell everyone he see's and knows WE screwed him, and our equip is NO good.

So, he's happy, and we eat the loss.

Moral??.........this IS customer service...............PERIOD.

The General, used to be exactly the same way.......exactly......

A friend of mine for H S graduation, got a present from his Grandmother.........a NEW '67 SS 396 Chevelle 4spd............

In the space of 2 years, he blew 3 trannies, and 4-5 clutches, ALL from abuse and dragging.

GM, fixed every one of them until the warranty period expired.
No questions asked, and no BS........just stood behind the product.......
If it were so now.............my, how things have changed.......;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts