Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently my car is built...but they are basically having a recall already on 2 items. One is a sensor in the exhaust that is getting dirty and not reading...and another is something with a control arm or something. Anyone heard anything like that yet?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Red06Z06 said:
Apparently my car is built...but they are basically having a recall already on 2 items. One is a sensor in the exhaust that is getting dirty and not reading...and another is something with a control arm or something. Anyone heard anything like that yet?

NO, Your thinking of the FORD GT..... That car had those problems, sorry Ford lover....you wont get us going over here :rofl:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then what is the hold up? Any ideas? I heard lots of cars are built but none have left the plant yet....It can't all be for polished rims.. :-?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Red06Z06 said:
Then what is the hold up? Any ideas? I heard lots of cars are built but none have left the plant yet....It can't all be for polished rims.. :-?
As part of the launch process used by GM for all of its new products, there are a couple of weeks of build that go, the cars/trucks are held at the plant and a large number of the units go through a quality audit.

If there is a problem found on one car, all the rest of the cars are checked for that problem.

There is a plan, and a schedule behind the launch. It's better to hold all the cars in one spot if a problem came up, rather than try to catch the cars on the way to the dealership.

No need to spread *FEAR* and *RUMOR* 'round these parts. :thumb:

JDogg

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It's a new beast. It WILL have some teething pains, which is I'm waiting until the worst ones are gone. :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
I work in the automotive industry also....

We just released a new vehicle to the market and let me tell you we have held them for a long time going over them with a fine toothed comb.

I personally would not want the first model year of any vehicle, but the fact that they are holding them up does not nessisarily mean that there is a problem .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts