Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arg! I am frustrated trying to find a Z06 in TX.

A week ago I go down to local dealer and find out they have one that should be in in time for low %. Great! Electron Blue! Even better... happy camper :yeadog:. So I put money down to hold it since they said that it hasn't been built and has no VIN and they can't invoice yet. Everything fine......

.....Till yesterday. Thanks to 1fastdog's work I saw exactly what date the car was built and started bugging them about VIN. Then they drop it on me.... looks like they sold it to someone else also. And the salesman that sold to other guy was general manager (so guess who loses in that race). I don't even know that they were even going to tell me if it weren't for me calling them up.

Now I have to start all over and all the vette dealers within 200 miles that still have them are asking at LEAST 5k over... some 10k+ over. jeez:mad:

Was even contemplating a trip to Alabama :cool: but really set on EB now (and zippy's banner that keeps showing up ain't helping change my mind heh heh)

They even had the nerve to try to pawn a "used" 01 vert off on me marked "down" 1k off msrp (I say used... it had like 2k miles on it and was driven by the dealers wife but they called it new).

Anyone else get any crap like this? :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I've heard stories like this in parts of Texas. I would recommend that you contact our supporting dealers and see what Z's they have available for you. They are all great guys offering us some pretty good deals.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Demand, IF you've a mind to

To see a copy of the "OTHER", persons earnest $$$$$ deposit......
If your deposit, stated color, and make, and you did it before the OTHER guy......they have violated a VERBAL contract.........a strict NO NO..........

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They claim that the other person made their deposit that morning which would be before I made it (afternoon). I didn't write a color make on the check... but did have "hold corvette" on it and they gave me a copy of the vehicle order.

Any of that still sound like a verbal contract problem? Maybe I can ask a lawyer to see what recourse I have now?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I would ask

To SEE the other persons ORDER, and the TIME of the deposit......sounds like they ( you were outbid)............
Say, for instance.......if they told you they had ONE EB coming in, and one only........and gave you a copy of the vehicle order....AND took your $$$$$$.I would demand that they do the leg work, and come up with another....ONCE money has changed hands.........it is a binding contract, albeit verbal.........
Or, just blow em' off, as the asse's they evidently are......
I can see where 2 salespersons would take deposits on the One vehicle.......but, the SALESMGR.............would have been aware of the first...........;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts