Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I don't have a picture, but it looks like just another GM key. When I sat in a C6 on the showroom floor, it was kind of strange at first to get used to opening the door from the outside. From the inside, it's a snap...just push the button and the door pops open.

The first thing I asked was "what if the battery dies?". The salesman showed me a keyhole just above the rear license plate and aimed straight up. You use the key to open the back hatch. Once the hatch is open, tucked up under the top of the left rear fender is a pull-cord handle to manually open the driver door. Pretty slick.

Starting the car is a trip. You just push the button. There's actually three settings on the "button". One for just accessories...one for "on", and the big one for "Start".

It's all new and "different", but like everything on a car... you get used to it. Give it a week and you'll jumping in and firing it up like Starsky and Hutch.

·
Registered
356 Posts
What the hell is wrong with a key? I wish they would keep some of this hi-tech junk or make it an option.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
painrace said:
What the hell is wrong with a key? I wish they would keep some of this hi-tech junk or make it an option.
Amen. I don't care for the push button start crap at all. Just something else to tear up.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for but I just want out and took these pics for you. Hope this helps. Btw, when you get used to not needing the key or reaching in your pocket to get them, all other cars seem to be a pain. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts