Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running in a DE this weekend. The club I'm running with doesn't provide windshield car numbers. I need to provide my own car numbers that must go on each door. That have to be a minimum of 4 inches high. Obviously, magnetic numbers won't work. Does anyone know where I can get these in a hurry? Or, what material they are made of--since I need them by Friday, I might have to fashion something myself. Thanks...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Usually they are made of vinyl. Any local sign shop should be able to cut them for ya. They go on easily, and you can get them off but cant reuse them.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
jnjboc said:
I'm running in a DE this weekend. The club I'm running with doesn't provide windshield car numbers. I need to provide my own car numbers that must go on each door. That have to be a minimum of 4 inches high. Obviously, magnetic numbers won't work. Does anyone know where I can get these in a hurry? Or, what material they are made of--since I need them by Friday, I might have to fashion something myself. Thanks...
Low tack painters masking tape works in a pinch. I've got vinyl numbers from K&M magnetics:

http://www.kandmmagnetics.com/

·
Registered
161 Posts
you can also use contact paper used for shelving (from home depot, etc.). just trace the number and cut it out - very low adhesive, so no residue is left behind. I'd just stick them on each side of the back window anyway.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
freefall said:
you can also use contact paper used for shelving (from home depot, etc.). just trace the number and cut it out - very low adhesive, so no residue is left behind. I'd just stick them on each side of the back window anyway.
:yeadog: That's what I use.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Static cling vinyl can be purchased from sign shops. Cut out numbers, mist on water from spray bottle, squeege out excess water, sticks to car at 145 mph if put on the night before, and they are reusable. Store on a piece of Plexiglas or Lexan. The body and vinyl have to be clean.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Quick DE Numbers

Go online to Solotime.com. Call 'em up and they will do what they can. Great people! :jammin:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks folks,

i left vmail for both companies listed to see what they can do.

at worst I can use the painter's tape idea someone mentioned......never thought of that :bang:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
k and d magnetics never returned my phone call.

solotime got right back to me and the numbers were in my hands the next day.....shipping cost more than the numbers of course.....

They are reusable vinyl and work beautifully.

thanks folks!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
jnjboc said:

solotime got right back to me and the numbers were in my hands the next day.....shipping cost more than the numbers of course.....

thanks folks!
Glad to see you found some. Hope you are having a great weekend. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
jnjboc said:

thanks folks!
I have used Solotime numbers now for multiple events over two years and they are still going strong. They held up in the rain and and speeds up to 150+. Good Choice :thumb:

·
Registered
101 Posts
This is not a simple solution - but I wanted something different. I used frisket paper (clear masking material for airbrush people) and painted a section red except for my numbers. The amount of tack is just about right. I put a little clear tape on the leading edge just in case.
http://home.insight.rr.com/nonails/44.jpg
george

1 - 12 of 12 Posts