Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from an oil change. guys changing the oil said they pull a rat out of my radiator shroud. I said "what, so that's why she hasn't been running right". thinking they were joking. But no they weren't , they laid it out on the ground in front of the car. :puke: un- f*#@ing believeable as to what that thing sucks up.

·
Registered
390 Posts
i guess you could say you have a "rat" motor! :rofl:

·
Registered
806 Posts
I check mine about once a week and all I have ever found was freshly cut grass and some bug remains. Watch, I'll check it next time and have a dam cat stuck to the radiator! :eek:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
It should be checked weekly. Oh! Need to check mine.

Alex

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
When I see something like paper or a plastic bag in the road, I always go around it cause I know if I stradle it, it'll wind up in the radiator.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Rockin_Ron said:
just got back from an oil change. guys changing the oil said they pull a rat out of my radiator shroud. I said "what, so that's why she hasn't been running right". thinking they were joking. But no they weren't , they laid it out on the ground in front of the car. :puke: un- f*#@ing believeable as to what that thing sucks up.
I drove about 10 miles with a cat under the hood of my Honda, no kidding. Cold as hell outside and he must have been looking for a warm place to sleep. Maybe he was looking for your rat under there. Man I can't top your rat radiator story thou. The word ratical comes to mind. I bet he was :mah:

D.J.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I guess I'd better be checking it more often. that is rat-dic-u-los ... he definitely was not a happy camper.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I just checked mine this weekend when doing some PM, it was clear or so I thought, better look again... I don't deal well with rodents.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Thanks guys..............now I'm afraid to look under mine! Between the rats and the cats............. :rofl:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
The Magnuson intercooler is mounted there so no large "particles" are able to get into that area. A special screen can be mounted under the radiator to prevent objects and large bugs, and leaves from blocking your radiator. Several vendors sell them.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Sanford said:
The Magnuson intercooler is mounted there so no large "particles" are able to get into that area.
That's a good thing AND a bad thing. When I returned from my recent cross-country jaunt, I couldn't believe the amount of bugs that were jammed into the intercooler radiator core. I had to use a stiff bristle brush to unclog the damn thing! Keep an eye on it Sanford...it's a virtual bug magnet down there!!!

Charlie

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sanford said:
The Magnuson intercooler is mounted there so no large "particles" are able to get into that area. A special screen can be mounted under the radiator to prevent objects and large bugs, and leaves from blocking your radiator. Several vendors sell them.
The screen also prevents a good percentage of air from entering radiator!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts