Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

After washing your C5/6, water is trapped behind the taillight lenses, and leaves a dirty trail below the lenses after you drive off.

For an easy solution, I tear off a small section of paper napkin (keep several in the glove box), and wedge it under the lenses while I dry off the rest of the car. The napkin acts as a wick to absorb the trapped water......just remove, and throw away before driving off. BINGO. the area below lenses is clean & dry! :)

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Good tip Zip! :jammin: I'll have to try that, because my air compressor is not always handy.:( It sure beats a bead of silicon around the lens. :sneaky:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
:thumb: :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yep, that is a pain. I usually just stick the edge of a towel in there for a bit. The mirrors are also a pain. I can't believe how much water can hide in there. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Good tip Zippy, been using papertowel corners to sponge up the puddles.

Thanks
Zrod

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Another good idea from the Zipster. :coo:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
...just don't forget to take it off, or it'll look like you got toilet paper stuck on your shoe... :rofl:

:z:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
:eek:o: :eek:o:

Under the license plate is another water trap area. In Florida you can collect about of cup of sand under those area's if they are not dried.

D.J.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
S-TEE said:
...just don't forget to take it off, or it'll look like you got toilet paper stuck on your shoe... :rofl:

:z:
:rofl: :rofl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts