Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to get an oil change over the weekend, and once I got back on my driveway, I noticed smoke coming out of my front driver side wheel next to the pads. I opened the hood to make sure no wire is damaged or burned. Didn't find anything other then smoke from the pads (I think). I went inside and came back out 20 min later to park the car in the garage, and car would start but stayed at low idle (200) and as soon as I would press a little gas, it would shut off. I left the car out Sat night and when I woke up Sunday morning, car started right up. I didn't take it out because I was worried and didn't want to get stuck on the middle of the highway. Any idea what it was and what I should look for. Should I even take my car out or just tow it to the dealer and have them look at it. Any help would be appreciated. My baby is sick and I can't sleep at night.

2003 ZO6 + ic mag

·
Registered
902 Posts
First thing I would do is check the oil level. If oil level is ok start and check for oil pressure. Check for codes. You can with someone in the drivers seat try to push the car by hand or if on a slight hill see if the car will move, possible frozen brake caliper.

Sabot

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I don't believe one problem has anything to do with the other, unless they spilled oil all over the right front wheel. Keep us posted. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I say if its on warranty dont even worry about it, call them, have them tow it in, you could check for oil level ect.. while you at it

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
IT L GO said:
I don't believe one problem has anything to do with the other, unless they spilled oil all over the right front wheel. Keep us posted. :cheers:

I agree with the last part, If theres some kinda of oil spill it will smoke when the motor is hot, and maybe the oil spill drained out the engine of oil therefore the engine wouldnt run right OBSVIOUsLY :eyes:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for all your comments and concerns. After further checks we found out that I had 2 different issues. Ok here is the details......I had the car towed in to my local dealership and had there head tech who works on corvettes look at it. First thing we did was to check to see if there are any codes. We didn't find any codes. Next, we checked the fuel pressure gauge and found that there was no pressure. Next, we checked the MSD fuel pressure controller and found that connector under the fuse box had come off. We put a new connectors and connected it back and car fired right up :D

Also, we checked for smoke coming from the wheel, and found that seal from the caliper was melted and my brake fluid was leaking and was causing the smoke. They will order a new caliper and I should have my baby back tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Glad to here you got everything worked out. :z:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
zohhhsix said:
Thanks guys for all your comments and concerns. After further checks we found out that I had 2 different issues. Ok here is the details......I had the car towed in to my local dealership and had there head tech who works on corvettes look at it. First thing we did was to check to see if there are any codes. We didn't find any codes. Next, we checked the fuel pressure gauge and found that there was no pressure. Next, we checked the MSD fuel pressure controller and found that connector under the fuse box had come off. We put a new connectors and connected it back and car fired right up :D

Also, we checked for smoke coming from the wheel, and found that seal from the caliper was melted and my brake fluid was leaking and was causing the smoke. They will order a new caliper and I should have my baby back tomorrow morning.
that was going to be my next guess :D

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Whew !! Glad it worked out so nicely. Don'tcha hate it when the baby is sick !! :z:

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
Did you take it to Koons @ Tyson's corner ??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts